POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Eccentric Brits Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:05:48 EDT (-0400)
  Eccentric Brits (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Eccentric Brits
Date: 9 Apr 2015 06:00:43
Message: <55264dcb$1@news.povray.org>
> I always knew the Brits were eccentric, so where else could this bizarre
> air accident have happened...
>
> https://youtu.be/OIQQhqpVY80?list=PLRaGrXoicRyQYB4z70WljMLbQ0xUT3ntQ

That was one of the ones in a book I've got on accident transcripts.
This was another one I remember:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Express_Flight_705

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 10 Apr 2015 05:21:22
Message: <55279612@news.povray.org>
On 08/04/2015 23:35, clipka wrote:

> And that's a surprise exactly how? You sporrans should count your
> blessings and be thankful for the honor of even being allowed to play us :P

Don't start Haggis bashing. We don't bite back. We bite before.

<A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse. Know what I mean?>

> Whining about a 2-1 loss against us... tsk... you do remember the jig we
> danced with Brazil, don't you? :)

It wasn't a fixture. You lot wouldn't travel until the big bad Romans
left. ;-)

It was a league.

>> And you are still going on about it. ;-)
>
> Nah, not normally. It's the brits who keep bringing up the good old times.

That's why it is fun, you doing it. :-)

Have I mentioned Henning Wehn? He is very funny and plays on being a
German living in Britain.

> As if you folks had any chance to wrest that baton back from the hands
> of the USA...

Moot point.

>>> Even so, the relationship to France is something special. When we don't
>>> hate them, we seem to totally love them.
>>
>> It is a North/South divide in Britain. The Scots like the French.
>
> The Scots have a historic reason for doing so. We Germans sure as hell
> don't :) (aside maybe from the fact that they refrained from burning the
> entire French zone of occupation to ashes last time around, and instead
> even reached out their hand for genuine peace)

Doesn't mean that we can't call each other names and remember things
from folklore.

--

Regards
     Stephen