POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This looks dangerous Server Time
6 Oct 2024 16:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  This looks dangerous (Message 41 to 43 of 43)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: This looks dangerous
Date: 6 Apr 2015 17:18:28
Message: <5522f824$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 18:31:42 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> Aieeee!! It's election time time. <Vows not to turn television on until
> it all ends>

Hey, at least you're in the UK, where election season is short.  Try
living in the US, where the election cycle extends past the time people
are actually in office (seriously, electioneering here seems to start 5
years before the start of a 4 year term, or 7 years before the start of a
6 year term).

Jim

> Hey, at least you're in the UK, where election season is short.  Try
> living in the US, where the election cycle extends past the time people
> are actually in office (seriously, electioneering here seems to start 5
> years before the start of a 4 year term, or 7 years before the start of a
> 6 year term).

You have a point there. Maybe a fraction exaggerated, but yeah, I can
guess what it feels like.

To quote one of your countrymen: 'A politician is an arse [English
spelling] upon which everyone has sat but a man.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 23:30:14 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 06/04/15 22:18, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Hey, at least you're in the UK, where election season is short.  Try
>> living in the US, where the election cycle extends past the time people
>> are actually in office (seriously, electioneering here seems to start 5
>> years before the start of a 4 year term, or 7 years before the start of
>> a 6 year term).
>>

> You have a point there. Maybe a fraction exaggerated, but yeah, I can
> guess what it feels like.

I wish it were an exaggeration.  No fib - we started to have speculation
and people starting to make noise about running in 2016 in 2011 (and
earlier).  The 24-hour news channels have fueled a lot of it (more than
most of the politicians) with rampant speculation about who's going to
run, and that starts for the next election before the last one is even in
the bag.

> To quote one of your countrymen: 'A politician is an arse [English
> spelling] upon which everyone has sat but a man.

LOL

Jim