POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This looks dangerous Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  This looks dangerous (Message 24 to 33 of 43)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: This looks dangerous
Date: 4 Apr 2015 06:37:09
Message: <551fbed5$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/15 11:22, Stephen wrote:

> Makes a change from this old chestnut:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cZyNtZtSqE

..and the rest of the world thinks that we Brits are weird. Can't
understand myself :-D

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 4 Apr 2015 06:38:32
Message: <551fbf28$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/15 11:37, Doctor John wrote:
> On 04/04/15 11:22, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Makes a change from this old chestnut:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cZyNtZtSqE
>>

> ...and the rest of the world thinks that we Brits are weird. Can't
> understand myself :-D
>
> John

 Oops. Insert 'it' between understand and myself

From: Doctor John
Date: 4 Apr 2015 06:42:28
Message: <551fc014$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/15 11:19, Stephen wrote:

> Don't. I did valve theory at sixth form college.
>
> There are a lot of very sharp volts around.
> Just wait until they develop extracting power from the vacuum
> fluctuation. Then it will be worth your while.

<prods shiny spike on bottom of valve>

Aieeeeee!!!! <bounces around room>

John

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Apr 2015 07:02:05
Message: <551fc4ad$1@news.povray.org>
On 4-4-2015 12:42, Doctor John wrote:
> On 04/04/15 11:19, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Don't. I did valve theory at sixth form college.
>>
>> There are a lot of very sharp volts around.
>> Just wait until they develop extracting power from the vacuum
>> fluctuation. Then it will be worth your while.
>>

> <prods shiny spike on bottom of valve>
>
> Aieeeeee!!!! <bounces around room>

Somehow, this reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...
--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 4 Apr 2015 07:07:07
Message: <551fc5db$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/2015 11:38, Doctor John wrote:
> On 04/04/15 11:37, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 04/04/15 11:22, Stephen wrote:
>>>
>>> Makes a change from this old chestnut:
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cZyNtZtSqE
>>>

>> ...and the rest of the world thinks that we Brits are weird. Can't
>> understand myself :-D

Me neither. (with the "it")

Interestingly(?) Henning Wehn a German comedian who makes a living
telling jokes in English to the English. Has just broadcast a show about
speaking English as a foreign language in England. This btw includes
Americans and Australians. :-P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05pbwjp

>> John
>>
>   Oops. Insert 'it' between understand and myself

No need. It makes perfect sense as it is. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 4 Apr 2015 07:15:13
Message: <551fc7c1$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/2015 11:42, Doctor John wrote:
> On 04/04/15 11:19, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Don't. I did valve theory at sixth form college.
>>
>> There are a lot of very sharp volts around.
>> Just wait until they develop extracting power from the vacuum
>> fluctuation. Then it will be worth your while.
>>

> <prods shiny spike on bottom of valve>

You are holding it upside down. The shiny spike is at the top of the valve.

Get the wee man to operate it for you.

> Aieeeeee!!!! <bounces around room>

Is the room okay?

And you are banned from working with tools. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 4 Apr 2015 07:16:52
Message: <551fc824$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/2015 12:01, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Somehow, this reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

More like a day trip to Bedlam. If you ask me.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 4 Apr 2015 07:40:15
Message: <551fcd9f$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/15 11:22, Stephen wrote:
> On 04/04/2015 11:19, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 04/04/15 11:11, Stephen wrote
>>>
>>> As Henning Wehn has just said on the radio. Interesting. ;-)
>>>
>>> I'll match your internet browsing and raise you a bluegrass version of
>>> the Sailor's Hornpipe.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V39rKSOQFjc&feature=player_detailpage#t=33
>>>

>> Are you sure you meant that one?
>>
>> John
>>

> Makes a change from this old chestnut:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cZyNtZtSqE

... and now adds, for our Swiss readers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tahINCwwfks

From: Doctor John
Date: 4 Apr 2015 07:42:18
Message: <551fce1a$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/15 12:15, Stephen wrote:

> Is the room okay?
>
> And you are banned from working with tools. :-)

<The Kat removes all sharp objects>

From: Stephen
Date: 4 Apr 2015 08:05:28
Message: <551fd388$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/2015 12:40, Doctor John wrote:
> ... and now adds, for our Swiss readers:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tahINCwwfks

Vox pop is it?

Have at you with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpqYU3Nzbts