POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim Henderson – 29 days left to listen. Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:30:51 EDT (-0400)
  Jim Henderson – 29 days left to listen. (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Stephen
Subject: Jim Henderson – 29 days left to listen.
Date: 22 Mar 2015 08:56:23
Message: <550ebbf7$1@news.povray.org>
Heads up!
Barry Cryer - Rock of Ages

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0076g2s

At 19:30 there is One Tune to the Words of Another. Amazing Grace to the
tune of House of the Rising Sun. Or is that only my obsession?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Jim Henderson – 29 days left to listen.
Date: 22 Mar 2015 09:09:54
Message: <550ebf22$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/03/15 12:56, Stephen wrote:
> Heads up!
> Barry Cryer - Rock of Ages
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0076g2s
>
> At 19:30 there is One Tune to the Words of Another. Amazing Grace to the
> tune of House of the Rising Sun. Or is that only my obsession?

'Please leave a message after the high moral tone'
LMAO

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

>> At 19:30 there is One Tune to the Words of Another. Amazing Grace to the
>> tune of House of the Rising Sun. Or is that only my obsession?
>>

> 'Please leave a message after the high moral tone'
> LMAO
>
> John

Thora Hird and the Stairlift to Heaven. I suppose that you had to be there.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 12:56:22 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> Heads up!
> Barry Cryer - Rock of Ages
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0076g2s
>
> At 19:30 there is One Tune to the Words of Another. Amazing Grace to the
> tune of House of the Rising Sun. Or is that only my obsession?

Great, thanks!

Jim

> At 19:30 there is One Tune to the Words of Another. Amazing Grace to the
> tune of House of the Rising Sun. Or is that only my obsession?

Nice combination of lyrics and music.  It is a pretty adaptable tune.

Timing was more like 17:13 to 18:50.

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 14:27:19 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 22/03/2015 13:09, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 22/03/15 12:56, Stephen wrote:
>>> Heads up!
>>> Barry Cryer - Rock of Ages
>>>
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0076g2s
>>>
>>> At 19:30 there is One Tune to the Words of Another. Amazing Grace to
>>> the tune of House of the Rising Sun. Or is that only my obsession?
>>>

>> 'Please leave a message after the high moral tone'
>> LMAO
>>
>> John
>>

> Thora Hird and the Stairlift to Heaven. I suppose that you had to be
> there.

We had a listen last night, awesome stuff.  Going to have to grab the
rebroadcast of Desert Island Discs with Cryer and Parkinson that 4Extra
ran, too.

Jim