POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shoutout to Stephen Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:57:52 EDT (-0400)
  Shoutout to Stephen (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Shoutout to Stephen
Date: 1 Feb 2015 10:06:21
Message: <54ce40ed$1@news.povray.org>
Has your email address changed?

Just got this:
> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
>      mac### [at] aolcom
>
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the
recipient domain aol.com by mailin-03.mx.aol.com. [64.12.91.196].

> The error that the other server returned was:
> 550 5.1.1 <mac### [at] aolcom>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Shoutout to Stephen
Date: 1 Feb 2015 10:35:45
Message: <54ce47d1$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/02/2015 15:06, Doctor John wrote:
> Has your email address changed?
>
> Just got this:
>> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>>
>>       mac### [at] aolcom
>>
>> Technical details of permanent failure:
>> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the
recipient domain aol.com by mailin-03.mx.aol.com. [64.12.91.196].

>> The error that the other server returned was:
>> 550 5.1.1 <mac### [at] aolcom>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com
>
> John

Just got this:

I've been spending the weekend migrating everything from my old 32 bit
machines to newer 64 bit ones.

Don't you just love technology?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 1 Feb 2015 10:48:01
Message: <54ce4ab1$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/02/15 15:35, Stephen wrote:
> Just got this:
>
> I've been spending the weekend migrating everything from my old 32 bit
> machines to newer 64 bit ones.
>
> Don't you just love technology?

I re-sent the mail after deciding that aol.com had buggered up their
end. Everyone else that I emailed got them with no probs.

I blame Cameron, Milliband, Clegg et al. :-)

John

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Feb 2015 12:02:09
Message: <54ce5c11$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/02/2015 15:48, Doctor John wrote:
> I re-sent the mail after deciding that aol.com had buggered up their
> end. Everyone else that I emailed got them with no probs.

Maybe it bounced off one of the scores of "blue pill" emails I'm getting.

> I blame Cameron, Milliband, Clegg et al.:-)

Too true. Even if they didn't, Guido Fawkes had the right idea.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 1 Feb 2015 13:26:29
Message: <54ce6fd5$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/02/15 17:02, Stephen wrote:

> Too true. Even if they didn't, Guido Fawkes had the right idea.

Indeed. The only man to enter parliament with the intention of doing
something constructive :-)

John

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Feb 2015 13:31:44
Message: <54ce7110$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/02/2015 18:26, Doctor John wrote:
> On 01/02/15 17:02, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Too true. Even if they didn't, Guido Fawkes had the right idea.
>>

> Indeed. The only man to enter parliament with the intention of doing
> something constructive :-)

I have a soft spot for The Beast of Bolsover, as well.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Feb 2015 03:10:16
Message: <54cf30e8$1@news.povray.org>
On 1-2-2015 19:31, Stephen wrote:
> On 01/02/2015 18:26, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 01/02/15 17:02, Stephen wrote:
>>>
>>> Too true. Even if they didn't, Guido Fawkes had the right idea.
>>>

>> Indeed. The only man to enter parliament with the intention of doing
>> something constructive :-)
>>

> I have a soft spot for The Beast of Bolsover, as well.

That sounds like a Gothic novel... ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 2 Feb 2015 04:09:39
Message: <54cf3ed3$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/02/2015 08:10, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 1-2-2015 19:31, Stephen wrote:

>>> Indeed. The only man to enter parliament with the intention of doing
>>> something constructive :-)
>>>

>> I have a soft spot for The Beast of Bolsover, as well.
>>

> That sounds like a Gothic novel... ;-)

It is a good nickname. And he does work in a Gothic palace.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 2 Feb 2015 04:34:27
Message: <54cf44a3$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/02/15 09:09, Stephen wrote:
> On 02/02/2015 08:10, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> I have a soft spot for The Beast of Bolsover, as well.
>>>

>> That sounds like a Gothic novel... ;-)
>>

> It is a good nickname. And he does work in a Gothic palace.

... and for those who don't follow British politics closely:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Skinner

John

From: Doctor John
Date: 2 Feb 2015 04:51:53
Message: <54cf48b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/02/15 18:31, Stephen wrote:

> I have a soft spot for The Beast of Bolsover, as well.

I have to second that. Despite his politics being way to the left of
mine, I have to admire him; he has that rarest of virtues to be found in
a politician, he has absolute integrity. Not only does he speak as he
believes, he also acts according to his beliefs. AFAIK he has never
taken a backhander, freebie or other inducement to vote contrary to his
own conscience; he also has the lowest expenses record of any MP.

John (who is slightly to the right of centre)