POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rum and Coca Cola Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:49 EDT (-0400)
  Rum and Coca Cola (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Stephen
Subject: Rum and Coca Cola
Date: 9 Nov 2014 12:09:15
Message: <545f9fbb$1@news.povray.org>
Looking up Harry Belafonte lead me to Soca and Lord Invader via the
Mighty Sparrow.
And I cannot get it out of my head.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Rum and Coca Cola
Date: 13 Nov 2014 19:54:00
Message: <546552a8$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/11/14 17:09, Stephen wrote:
> Looking up Harry Belafonte lead me to Soca and Lord Invader via the
> Mighty Sparrow.
> And I cannot get it out of my head.

This way madness lies

John (the insane)
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 14 Nov 2014 04:09:19
Message: <5465c6bf$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/11/2014 00:54, Doctor John wrote:
> On 09/11/14 17:09, Stephen wrote:
>> Looking up Harry Belafonte lead me to Soca and Lord Invader via the
>> Mighty Sparrow.
>> And I cannot get it out of my head.
>>

> This way madness lies

This/that?

  let me shun that;
No more of that. ^ ^

> John (the insane)

Do you have the certificate?
Amateur. :-P

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 14 Nov 2014 09:12:37
Message: <54660dd5$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/11/14 09:09, Stephen wrote:
>> John (the insane)
>>

> Do you have the certificate?

Indeed I do. It is signed by the Master In Lunacy himself. It states
categorically that I am:

    barmy
    batty
    bonkers
    crazed
    cuckoo
    demented
    deranged
    idiotic
    insane
    kooky
    loony
    mad as a March hare
    mad as a hatter
    mental
    moonstruck
    nutty as fruitcake
    of unsound mind
    out to lunch
    potty
    round the bend
    touched
    unbalanced
    unhinged
    wacky

> Amateur. :-P

Dilletante! :-p

John (aka Emperor of the Universe)

From: Stephen
Date: 14 Nov 2014 11:33:51
Message: <54662eef$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/11/2014 14:12, Doctor John wrote:
> On 14/11/14 09:09, Stephen wrote:
>>> John (the insane)
>>>

>> Do you have the certificate?
>
> Indeed I do. It is signed by the Master In Lunacy himself. It states
> categorically that I am:
>
>      crazed

[snip]

I have not heard that term since...
Well it must have been the early 20th Century. ;-)

>> Amateur. :-P
>>

> Dilletante! :-p

Stamp collecting will get you anything. :-)

> John (aka Emperor of the Universe)

Oh! hail John. Emperor of the Universe.
A boon, a boon I crave.

Rid me o' this new Earworm.
Obeah Wedding.

I was afflicted on a remote island in the colonies, in your services.
Sycorax was the witch's name a mighty sparrow was her familiar.
That island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that
make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone.

But I can't get it out of my bl**dy head.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:12:53 +0200, Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

> On 14/11/14 09:09, Stephen wrote:
>>> John (the insane)
>>>

>> Do you have the certificate?
>
> Indeed I do. It is signed by the Master In Lunacy himself. It states
> categorically that I am:
>
>     barmy
>     batty
>     bonkers
>     crazed
>     cuckoo
>     demented
>     deranged
>     idiotic
>     insane
>     kooky
>     loony
>     mad as a March hare
>     mad as a hatter
>     mental
>     moonstruck
>     nutty as fruitcake
>     of unsound mind
>     out to lunch
>     potty
>     round the bend
>     touched
>     unbalanced
>     unhinged
>     wacky
>
>> Amateur. :-P
>>

> Dilletante! :-p
>
> John (aka Emperor of the Universe)

Alice Kingsley: Do you think I've gone 'round the bend?
Charles Kingsleigh: I'm afraid so... you're mad. Bonkers. Off your head...
but I'll tell you a secret... all of the best people are.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

> Alice Kingsley: Do you think I've gone 'round the bend?
> Charles Kingsleigh: I'm afraid so... you're mad. Bonkers. Off your
> head... but I'll tell you a secret... all of the best people are.

That is no secret.
We are all mad in our own way.

Aren't we? ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 23:07:20 +0200, Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> On 14/11/2014 19:21, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> Alice Kingsley: Do you think I've gone 'round the bend?
>> Charles Kingsleigh: I'm afraid so... you're mad. Bonkers. Off your
>> head... but I'll tell you a secret... all of the best people are.
>
> That is no secret.
> We are all mad in our own way.
>

> Aren't we? ;-)

Normal is too boring...