POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spies? Us? No way. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Spies? Us? No way. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Spies? Us? No way.
Date: 17 Oct 2014 08:29:42
Message: <54410bb6@news.povray.org>
... we only have your best interests at heart.

From
http://www.themukt.com/2014/10/10/windows-10-preview-spies-users-practice-long-haul/

> Microsoft’s new ‘Preview Privacy Statement’
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-privacy-statement
> suggests that they plan on collecting far more data of its users habits
> than Canonical ever did. Under the ‘Data We Collect’ heading, Microsoft
> confirm that they collect: your name, email address, preferences and
> interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data;
> device configuration and sensor data; and application usage. They commit
> these acts when you use things like the voice input features where they
> say they will collect your voice information and ‘use it for purposes
> such as improving speech processing’.

If there was ever a need for a reason not to go for W10 when it finally
appears, this would appear to be it.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: Spies? Us? No way.
Date: 20 Oct 2014 13:31:38
Message: <544546fa$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2014-10-17 08:29, Doctor John a écrit :
> ... we only have your best interests at heart.
>
> From
> http://www.themukt.com/2014/10/10/windows-10-preview-spies-users-practice-long-haul/
>
>> Microsoft’s new ‘Preview Privacy Statement’
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-privacy-statement
>> suggests that they plan on collecting far more data of its users habits
>> than Canonical ever did. Under the ‘Data We Collect’ heading, Microsoft
>> confirm that they collect: your name, email address, preferences and
>> interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data;
>> device configuration and sensor data; and application usage. They commit
>> these acts when you use things like the voice input features where they
>> say they will collect your voice information and ‘use it for purposes
>> such as improving speech processing’.
>
> If there was ever a need for a reason not to go for W10 when it finally
> appears, this would appear to be it.
>
> John

How times have changed...

I remember people getting their panties in a bunch over Windows 95's
sending the HW specs and content of autoexec.bat to Microsoft for
troubleshooting purposes.  In fact, I think MS backed down due to the
outrage at the time.