POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Longhair poll! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Longhair poll! (Message 11 to 20 of 37)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Longhair poll!
Date: 14 Oct 2014 03:17:11
Message: <543ccdf7@news.povray.org>
No.

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 14 Oct 2014 03:27:36
Message: <543cd068$1@news.povray.org>
No

40 years ago, it was Yadgar's length but it required serious maintenance.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 14 Oct 2014 04:33:14
Message: <543cdfca$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/10/2014 00:20, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> POVers (POVghans?) obviously are mostly beardos... and it seems to me,
> that among male POVers (ever noticed the almost complete absence of
> female POVers? I hardly can remember any other "raytraceress" than Gail
> Shaw...), longhairs are also strikingly over-represented!

There is Janet, who still pops her head in occasionally. Every couple of
years or so. And bluetree (Miri) who posted for a short time.

> So I start a poll: Who of you has hair at least touching the shoulders?
>
> To start with me: Yes.

Like John:

No. But 35 years ago it was down to my waist and if you pulled it
straight. "My hair was hanging to my arse." As I was so often told. :-)
About 10 years ago I met a developer who wore his hair in a cue that
reached his ankles.
And btw he was well over 6 feet tall.

> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar
>
> Now playing: Monolight (Tangerine Dream)

Tangerine Dream! That takes me back a bit. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> POVers (POVghans?) obviously are mostly beardos... and it seems to me,
> that among male POVers (ever noticed the almost complete absence of
> female POVers? I hardly can remember any other "raytraceress" than Gail
> Shaw...), longhairs are also strikingly over-represented!
>
> So I start a poll: Who of you has hair at least touching the shoulders?
>
> To start with me: Yes.
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar
>
> Now playing: Monolight (Tangerine Dream)

p-tail here ... couldn't grow it fast enough when I got out of the Navy.
Funny ... I was called a hippie the other day while waiting in line (at
the grocery) by an impatient fellow. I turned around and said "Hey it's
Friday after work (and it's hot) ... we all want to go home." Well that
just jazzed him up more. After he had a few more /choice/ words the
woman ahead of turned around and called him a redneck

Post a reply to this message

> On 14/10/2014 00:20, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:
>> Hi(gh)!
>>
>> POVers (POVghans?) obviously are mostly beardos... and it seems to me,
>> that among male POVers (ever noticed the almost complete absence of
>> female POVers? I hardly can remember any other "raytraceress" than Gail
>> Shaw...), longhairs are also strikingly over-represented!
>>

> There is Janet, who still pops her head in occasionally. Every couple of
> years or so. And bluetree (Miri) who posted for a short time.

There were also Hildur Kolbrun Andresdottir, Joanne Simpson, Sonya
Roberts, and in the French POV-world: Hélène Dumur.

The youngest POV-Ray users, without doubt, are Elsa and Mélodie, the
granddaughters of Rémy Closset (search 'Elsa' in p.b.i.)

>> So I start a poll: Who of you has hair at least touching the shoulders?
>>
>> To start with me: Yes.
>>

> Like John:
>
> No. But 35 years ago it was down to my waist and if you pulled it
> straight. "My hair was hanging to my arse." As I was so often told. :-)
> About 10 years ago I met a developer who wore his hair in a cue that
> reached his ankles.
> And btw he was well over 6 feet tall.

Wow... I never was able to get is as long as that. Shoulder length was
the maximum about 35 years ago too. Nowadays it is hovering around
5mm... what is left of it ;-)

>> See you in Khyberspace!
>>
>> Yadgar
>>
>> Now playing: Monolight (Tangerine Dream)
>
> Tangerine Dream! That takes me back a bit. :-)

As you say. Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Klaus Schultze...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 14-10-2014 13:23, James Holsenback wrote:

> p-tail here ... couldn't grow it fast enough when I got out of the Navy.
> Funny ... I was called a hippie the other day while waiting in line (at
> the grocery) by an impatient fellow. I turned around and said "Hey it's
> Friday after work (and it's hot) ... we all want to go home." Well that
> just jazzed him up more. After he had a few more /choice/ words the
> woman ahead of turned around and called him a redneck

Any redneck in this community? :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message