POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : missing flower Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  missing flower (Message 41 to 49 of 49)
From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: missing flower
Date: 14 Oct 2014 08:03:04
Message: <543d10f8$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2014-10-12 22:50, Jim Henderson a écrit :
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:20:12 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>
>>> Oh yeah. And the wedding is happening in Boston. (I don't know where
>>> that is yet.)
>>
>> Ha!
>>
>> ...yeah, it turns out it's actually Baltimore, not Boston.
>>
>> I thought Baltimore was the west coast? Or is that Oregon? I get the two
>> mixed up...
>
> Baltimore is a city in Maryland.  Oregon is a state, just south of
> Washington (where I now live) on the Pacific coast.
>
> Jim

Baltimore is a city just south of Washington (the city).
Oregon is a state just south of Washington (the state).

Both are on opposite sides of the country.

On 14/10/14 13:03, Francois Labreque wrote:

> Baltimore is a city just south of Washington (the city).
> Oregon is a state just south of Washington (the state).
>
> Both are on opposite sides of the country.

Washington is also a small town just south of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and
west of Sunderland

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

> On 14/10/14 13:03, Francois Labreque wrote:
>>
>> Baltimore is a city just south of Washington (the city).
>> Oregon is a state just south of Washington (the state).
>>
>> Both are on opposite sides of the country.
>>

> Washington is also a small town just south of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and
> west of Sunderland

which Sunderland are we talking about here?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

Post a reply to this message

>> On 14/10/14 13:03, Francois Labreque wrote:
>>>
>>> Baltimore is a city just south of Washington (the city).
>>> Oregon is a state just south of Washington (the state).
>>>
>>> Both are on opposite sides of the country.
>>>

>> Washington is also a small town just south of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and
>> west of Sunderland
>
> which Sunderland are we talking about here?

This one:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.9434119,-1.5307498,11z?hl=en

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents
You hold it in trust for your children

Post a reply to this message

> which Sunderland are we talking about here?

The Sunderland that is in the northern part of England.

Obvious, I would have thought. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> which Sunderland are we talking about here?
>
> The Sunderland that is in the northern part of England.
>
> Obvious, I would have thought. ;-)

Not really. The UK ones are /all/ in the northern part of England ;-)

[ducks and runs]

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 14 Oct 2014 11:42:01
Message: <543d4449$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/10/2014 15:20, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 14-10-2014 15:37, Stephen wrote:
>> On 14/10/2014 14:11, andrel wrote:
>>>
>>> which Sunderland are we talking about here?
>>
>> The Sunderland that is in the northern part of England.
>>
>> Obvious, I would have thought. ;-)
>>
> Not really. The UK ones are /all/ in the northern part of England ;-)
>
> [ducks and runs]

And trips up. ;-)
Sutherland is in the north of Scotland. :-P

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Oct 2014 20:22:59
Message: <543dbe63$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:03:14 -0400, Francois Labreque wrote:

>>> Ha!
>>>
>>> ...yeah, it turns out it's actually Baltimore, not Boston.
>>>
>>> I thought Baltimore was the west coast? Or is that Oregon? I get the
>>> two mixed up...
>>
>> Baltimore is a city in Maryland.  Oregon is a state, just south of
>> Washington (where I now live) on the Pacific coast.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> Baltimore is a city just south of Washington (the city).
> Oregon is a state just south of Washington (the state).
>
> Both are on opposite sides of the country.

That's an interesting way to look at it. :)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Oct 2014 20:23:42
Message: <543dbe8e$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:11:28 +0200, andrel wrote:

> On 14-10-2014 14:34, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 14/10/14 13:03, Francois Labreque wrote:
>>>
>>> Baltimore is a city just south of Washington (the city).
>>> Oregon is a state just south of Washington (the state).
>>>
>>> Both are on opposite sides of the country.
>>>

>> Washington is also a small town just south of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and
>> west of Sunderland
>
> which Sunderland are we talking about here?

The one east of Washington. ;)

Jim