POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Thunderbird and Enigmail Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Thunderbird and Enigmail (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Thunderbird and Enigmail
Date: 25 Sep 2014 08:16:41
Message: <542407a9$1@news.povray.org>
I'm running Thunderbird 31.1.0 with Enigmail 1.7.2 and I'm getting some
undesired behaviour.

I have set my preferences to Always Encrypt off and Always Sign off.
This works fine when sending emails however, when I post to a newsgroup,
Enigmail complains about the first post made in a session. I have to
Force Not To Encrypt.
> Encrypted send operation aborted.
>
> This message cannot be encrypted because there are newsgroup recipients. Please
re-send the message without encryption.

Subsequent posts are then fine, provided they are made within a short
time, then it reverts to complaining again. Is it just me or has anyone
else observed this?

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

> I'm running Thunderbird 31.1.0 with Enigmail 1.7.2 and I'm getting some
> undesired behaviour.
>
> I have set my preferences to Always Encrypt off and Always Sign off.
> This works fine when sending emails however, when I post to a newsgroup,
> Enigmail complains about the first post made in a session. I have to
> Force Not To Encrypt.
>> Encrypted send operation aborted.
>>
>> This message cannot be encrypted because there are newsgroup recipients. Please
re-send the message without encryption.

> Subsequent posts are then fine, provided they are made within a short
> time, then it reverts to complaining again. Is it just me or has anyone
> else observed this?
>
> John

It happened to me too. Once.

Might have been due to some update.

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)

Post a reply to this message