POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? (Message 61 to 70 of 126)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
Date: 26 Sep 2014 03:11:36
Message: <542511a8$1@news.povray.org>
On 25-9-2014 17:48, Stephen wrote:
> On 25/09/2014 15:09, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> Deep thoughts Thomas.
>>> Next we will be counting angels on pinheads. ;-)
>>>

>> I would be even more fascinated by the question: Can there be as many
>> devils on a pinhead? or more? or less?
>>
>> Thomas
>>
> You don't catch me as easy as that.
>
> Get thee behind me... ;-)

Evading the answer, Brother Stephen?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 26 Sep 2014 04:13:35
Message: <5425202f$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/09/2014 08:11, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Evading the answer, Brother Stephen?

First we will need to define a Devil.
Does a fallen angel take up more or less space than an angel who picked
the right side?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 26 Sep 2014 04:48:53
Message: <54252860.80201@gmail.com>
On 26-9-2014 10:13, Stephen wrote:
> On 26/09/2014 08:11, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Evading the answer, Brother Stephen?
>
> First we will need to define a Devil.
> Does a fallen angel take up more or less space than an angel who picked
> the right side?

My guess is that in theory the number of devils on a pinhead is the same
as for angels, but that in practice there is no time to collect them as
they immediately fall from the pinhead.

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

Post a reply to this message

> My guess is that in theory the number of devils on a pinhead is the same
> as for angels,

I am drawn to that conclusion. too

> but that in practice there is no time to collect them as
> they immediately fall from the pinhead.

That could be because Angels dance more sedately.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> My guess is that in theory the number of devils on a pinhead is the same
>> as for angels,
>
> I am drawn to that conclusion. too
>
>> but that in practice there is no time to collect them as
>> they immediately fall from the pinhead.
>
> That could be because Angels dance more sedately.

Now, now my Brothers, you are evading the /real/ answer!

Brother Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 26/09/2014 12:09, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 26-9-2014 11:23, Stephen wrote:
>> On 26/09/2014 09:48, andrel wrote:
>>> My guess is that in theory the number of devils on a pinhead is the same
>>> as for angels,
>>
>> I am drawn to that conclusion. too
>>
>>> but that in practice there is no time to collect them as
>>> they immediately fall from the pinhead.
>>
>> That could be because Angels dance more sedately.
>>

> Now, now my Brothers, you are evading the /real/ answer!
>
> Brother Thomas

I don't want to be the one to say that Santa Claus does not...

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 26/09/2014 12:09, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>
>>> I am drawn to that conclusion. too

>>> That could be because Angels dance more sedately.
>>>

>> Now, now my Brothers, you are evading the /real/ answer!
>>
>> Brother Thomas
>
> I don't want to be the one to say that Santa Claus does not...

Dude!  Spoilers should be called in the header!  Not cool!

*cries*

From: andrel
Date: 26 Sep 2014 08:23:06
Message: <54255A95.2030402@gmail.com>
On 26-9-2014 14:17, Francois Labreque wrote:

>>> Now, now my Brothers, you are evading the /real/ answer!
>>>
>>> Brother Thomas
>>
>> I don't want to be the one to say that Santa Claus does not...
>>
> Dude!  Spoilers should be called in the header!  Not cool!
>
> *cries*

That Santa Claus does not drink beer is so well known that it is hardly
a spoiler IMO.

From: Stephen
Date: 26 Sep 2014 09:05:14
Message: <5425648a$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/09/2014 13:17, Francois Labreque wrote:

>> I don't want to be the one to say that Santa Claus does not...
>>
> Dude!  Spoilers should be called in the header!  Not cool!
>
> *cries*

Okay I was going to say:
Winters in Australia. It is New Zealand he goes to.
So there. You made me do it!

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Sep 2014 10:04:42
Message: <5425727a$1@news.povray.org>
On 26-9-2014 14:01, Stephen wrote:
> On 26/09/2014 12:09, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>
>>> I am drawn to that conclusion. too

>>> That could be because Angels dance more sedately.
>>>

>> Now, now my Brothers, you are evading the /real/ answer!
>>
>> Brother Thomas
>
> I don't want to be the one to say that Santa Claus does not...

Order! Order!

Thomas

PS: This is fun!