POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Buzz! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Buzz! (Message 11 to 20 of 23)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Buzz!
Date: 19 Sep 2014 08:08:40
Message: <541c1cc8$1@news.povray.org>
On 19-9-2014 13:46, Doctor John wrote:
> On 19/09/14 09:06, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> The thread goes awry. But anyway
>>
>> Phew! :-D
>>

> I never really had any doubts that the Union would stand. However, now
> we have the risky bit: the handing over of greater powers to the Scots.
> I expect the Welsh and Northern Irish assemblies to call for equivalent
> powers too. I also would not be surprised if London also wanted a bigger
> share of the economic pot.

I understood from the commentators that the same changes will be
proposed to Wales, Northern Ireland, and... England. Towards a more
federative state I guess.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 19 Sep 2014 08:16:01
Message: <541c1e81$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/09/14 13:08, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> I understood from the commentators that the same changes will be
> proposed to Wales, Northern Ireland, and... England. Towards a more
> federative state I guess.
>
> Thomas

Yes, it has been implied that that will happen but I'm not holding my
breath while waiting for the Westminster Hot-air Machine to relinquish
its own powers.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

> Yes, it has been implied that that will happen but I'm not holding my
> breath while waiting for the Westminster Hot-air Machine to relinquish
> its own powers.

Fair enough attitude ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message