POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money To People Who Break The Law. He Answers Poorly. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money To People Who Break The Law. He Answers Poorly. (Message 70 to 79 of 119)
From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Re: Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More MoneyToPeopleWhoBreakTheLaw.HeAnswers Poorly.
Date: 26 Sep 2014 10:28:50
Message: <54257822$1@news.povray.org>
It does, you just don't see it.

Post a reply to this message

From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 26 Sep 2014 11:00:20
Message: <54257f84@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> It's arguably hard to take someone seriously who has in the past shown
> belief in things like ghosts, deities, the supernatural, possibly in
> aliens, and who has called skeptics "theists, Science being your God",
> and who is now making several posts with nothing more than one link
> each, and with provocative titles, giving a strong vibe of a conspiracy
> theorist.

news://news.povray.org:119/54256812@news.povray.org here I explain that
are not only theories. Aliens, can't be discarded, a lot of BS about
them, but still many things without explanation, and there is a
plausible number of hundreds of intelligent species to be alive right
now in the know Universe, I admit that might be all BS and that the next
intelligent civilization could be too far way, but again, we don't know.
This is supported by the fact that the satellite that is charting all
the planets in the known universe is finding more than the scientist
anticipated, Keppler IIRC.

> It doesn't help matters when you then start insulting people and using
> swearwords, as well as using the "argumentative fallacy card" by throwing
> names of completely random fallacies in situations where they don't fit
> at all, seemingly to make yourself sound more intellectual and learned
> (but ultimately achieving the exact opposite).

That's you opinion and I think the same about you right here.

> If you want to discuss about a certain topic, don't just make a post
> with nothing but an URL. Explain your point, describe the topic, use
> the URL as a reference, not as the main content. When writing, avoid
> sounding like a paranoid conspiracy theorist, and avoid insulting people
> simply because they disagree with you or dismiss you for behaving like
> a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

As I wrote, I wanted not so much to discuss but to inform and again, 2
of my 6 posts were links only. I have background info that supports my
posting, not abundant but I think enough for solid probable cause and
those articles are mostly facts what's happening in actuality and some
documentaries are more than theories are facts as the ones I pointed out
in that other post, so it's about analyzing and checking, but people are
simply lazy and call BS and forget about it, because they like their
"perfect little corner of the Wworld".

> Also be aware of the environment you are in. If you go to a forum that's
> about, let's say, knitting, and start throwing URL's to outlandish
> political videos or websites that have absolutely nothing to do with
> knitting, expect people to dismiss you. The context of the forum is
> relevant.

I am, and ready many of the posts silently over time and checked that a
good number of them are political-related and the rest pretty random, so
I thought mine wouldn't be the exception but rather normal but
interesting, maybe you should check the topics before making this such
recommendation.

Post a reply to this message