POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Really? (Message 71 to 80 of 121)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Really?
Date: 12 Sep 2014 22:16:51
Message: <5413a913$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/09/14 03:14, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Well blame the Monetary System, promoter of all corruption, that's why I
> advocate for TheVenusProject.con and TheZeitgeistMovement.com promoting
> a scientific alternative economy, kinda of ideal but moving towards it
> could start solving many problems. Learning and watching videos in
> YouTube about it have enlighten me a lot about politics and corruption,
> it's not mostly people, but the environment, if you're in the pit of
> corruption, or the cleanest most ethical place on Earth it doesn't
> matter, the non-written evolutionary law is the same: adapt or die; so,
> politics being the pit of corruption, shouldn't be a surprise
> politicians get corrupted.

... and now I cease following your replies

--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 12 Sep 2014 22:25:36
Message: <5413ab20$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.09.2014 01:59, schrieb Jim Henderson:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:36:25 -0400, Saul Luizaga wrote:
>
>> yy yyyy running out implement yyy yyyy your number is 12 3456 new number
>> 012 3456 publish nation wide daily for a week: just fill out with zeros
>> to your left.
>> problem solved.
>
> Except that '0' as a phone number prefix has special meaning in various
> places around the world.
>
> If I start a call in the US here with "011" (actually, now I think of it,
> that may be a global thing), that means it's an international call.

It's not a global thing; the prefix to dial out to the world differs
between countries. For instance, here in Germany (and actually quite a
lot of other countries) it is "00". Hence the convention to write down
international numbers with a "+" instead.

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 04:25:27 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Am 13.09.2014 01:59, schrieb Jim Henderson:
>> On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:36:25 -0400, Saul Luizaga wrote:
>>
>>> yy yyyy running out implement yyy yyyy your number is 12 3456 new
>>> number 012 3456 publish nation wide daily for a week: just fill out
>>> with zeros to your left.
>>> problem solved.
>>
>> Except that '0' as a phone number prefix has special meaning in various
>> places around the world.
>>
>> If I start a call in the US here with "011" (actually, now I think of
>> it,
>> that may be a global thing), that means it's an international call.
>
> It's not a global thing; the prefix to dial out to the world differs
> between countries. For instance, here in Germany (and actually quite a
> lot of other countries) it is "00". Hence the convention to write down
> international numbers with a "+" instead.

Thanks, I've not had occasion to dial from other countries very often. :)

Jim