POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim Charter working at Microsoft? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Jim Charter working at Microsoft? (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Shay
Subject: Jim Charter working at Microsoft?
Date: 9 Aug 2014 11:25:01
Message: <web.53e63ca7e43784e7343b23870@news.povray.org>
Try a Bing image search for:

neolamprologus hard water

You'll see what you'd expect to see (if you were an aquarist: Neolamprologus is
a genus of African cichlid).

Now add one word to the search:

neolamprologus hard water SIZE

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Jim Charter working at Microsoft?
Date: 9 Aug 2014 11:44:51
Message: <53e641f3@news.povray.org>
Am 09.08.2014 17:22, schrieb Shay:
> Try a Bing image search for:
>
> neolamprologus hard water
>
> You'll see what you'd expect to see (if you were an aquarist: Neolamprologus is
> a genus of African cichlid).
>
> Now add one word to the search:
>
> neolamprologus hard water SIZE

... and then exactly what is supposed to happen?

Post a reply to this message

From: Shay
Date: 9 Aug 2014 19:10:01
Message: <web.53e6aa3dc3e97d3f343b23870@news.povray.org>
> Am 09.08.2014 17:22, schrieb Shay:
> > Try a Bing image search for:
> >
> > neolamprologus hard water
> >
> > You'll see what you'd expect to see (if you were an aquarist: Neolamprologus is
> > a genus of African cichlid).
> >
> > Now add one word to the search:
> >
> > neolamprologus hard water SIZE

> ... and then exactly what is supposed to happen?

Jim's Easter egg.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 9 Aug 2014 21:50:56
Message: <53e6d000$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.08.2014 01:09, schrieb Shay:
>> Am 09.08.2014 17:22, schrieb Shay:
>>> Try a Bing image search for:
>>>
>>> neolamprologus hard water
>>>
>>> You'll see what you'd expect to see (if you were an aquarist: Neolamprologus is
>>> a genus of African cichlid).
>>>
>>> Now add one word to the search:
>>>
>>> neolamprologus hard water SIZE

>> ... and then exactly what is supposed to happen?
>
> Jim's Easter egg.

... and that would be exactly what?

I see nothing special there. (But then again maybe you'd have to be an
aquarist to see anything surprising, and the name Jim Charter doesn't
ring a bell here either.)

Post a reply to this message

> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

> >> ... and then exactly what is supposed to happen?
> >
> > Jim's Easter egg.
>
> ... and that would be exactly what?
>
> I see nothing special there. (But then again maybe you'd have to be an
> aquarist to see anything surprising, and the name Jim Charter doesn't
> ring a bell here either.)

You wouldn't need a background to notice what I'm seeing. Tested on my laptop
and mobile. Maybe the Bing servers are different in different places. Sure
you're using Bing?

Post a reply to this message

> I see nothing special there. (But then again maybe you'd have to be an
> aquarist to see anything surprising, and the name Jim Charter doesn't
> ring a bell here either.)

Jim Charter was a famous contributor to the POV-Ray newsgroups not so
many years ago, and a notable modeller of high heeled shoes :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message