POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Guess I'm a Frog Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:33 EDT (-0400)
  Guess I'm a Frog (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: Guess I'm a Frog
Date: 1 Aug 2014 11:18:03
Message: <53dbafab$1@news.povray.org>
other evening while trying to get soon to be three yr old grand-daughter
down for bed (after a bath) ... pa-pa was called in to work his magic.
well not so fast! /Eventually/ she settled down but not after informing
me that "I have the power, and I'm going to turn you into a frog" ...
dang disney movies :-)

Post a reply to this message

James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> other evening while trying to get soon to be three yr old grand-daughter
> down for bed (after a bath) ... pa-pa was called in to work his magic.
> well not so fast! /Eventually/ she settled down but not after informing
> me that "I have the power, and I'm going to turn you into a frog" ...
> dang disney movies :-)

Maybe she's started playing Mtg...

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=383419

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On 01/08/14 16:18, James Holsenback wrote:
> other evening while trying to get soon to be three yr old grand-daughter
> down for bed (after a bath) ... pa-pa was called in to work his magic.
> well not so fast! /Eventually/ she settled down but not after informing
> me that "I have the power, and I'm going to turn you into a frog" ...
> dang disney movies :-)

... is that worse or better than a dinosaur? (which I have been accused
of being by the Feegle [3.5 years])
OTOH Since he now has some understanding of numbers, he estimates my age
at 20 :-D

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

> On 01/08/14 16:18, James Holsenback wrote:
>> other evening while trying to get soon to be three yr old grand-daughter
>> down for bed (after a bath) ... pa-pa was called in to work his magic.
>> well not so fast! /Eventually/ she settled down but not after informing
>> me that "I have the power, and I'm going to turn you into a frog" ...
>> dang disney movies :-)
>
> ... is that worse or better than a dinosaur? (which I have been accused
> of being by the Feegle [3.5 years])

Neither. A sign of the times. Sixty years ago (for instance) Perrault or
Grimm would be invoked in the same way but by way of the books and their
illustrations (if present).

> OTOH Since he now has some understanding of numbers, he estimates my age
> at 20 :-D

Good for you! :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 08/01/2014 05:57 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 01/08/14 16:18, James Holsenback wrote:
>> other evening while trying to get soon to be three yr old grand-daughter
>> down for bed (after a bath) ... pa-pa was called in to work his magic.
>> well not so fast! /Eventually/ she settled down but not after informing
>> me that "I have the power, and I'm going to turn you into a frog" ...
>> dang disney movies :-)
>
> ... is that worse or better than a dinosaur? (which I have been accused
> of being by the Feegle [3.5 years])

LOL ... probably about the same, except here it's princesses.

> OTOH Since he now has some understanding of numbers, he estimates my age
> at 20 :-D

Well I'd imagine there are times when twenty sounds pretty good!

Post a reply to this message

On 08/02/2014 03:24 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 1-8-2014 23:57, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 01/08/14 16:18, James Holsenback wrote:
>>> other evening while trying to get soon to be three yr old grand-daughter
>>> down for bed (after a bath) ... pa-pa was called in to work his magic.
>>> well not so fast! /Eventually/ she settled down but not after informing
>>> me that "I have the power, and I'm going to turn you into a frog" ...
>>> dang disney movies :-)
>>
>> ... is that worse or better than a dinosaur? (which I have been accused
>> of being by the Feegle [3.5 years])
>
> Neither. A sign of the times. Sixty years ago (for instance) Perrault or
> Grimm would be invoked in the same way but by way of the books and their
> illustrations (if present).

Try having to explain some of the goings on in Pocahontas ... some
pretty scary concepts if you ask me.

Post a reply to this message

On 2-8-2014 10:57, James Holsenback wrote:
> Try having to explain some of the goings on in Pocahontas ... some
> pretty scary concepts if you ask me.

Well, the brothers Grimm are not that innocent either ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Date: 5 Aug 2014 08:48:51
Message: <53e0d2b3$1@news.povray.org>

>>> ... is that worse or better than a dinosaur? (which I have been accused
>>> of being by the Feegle [3.5 years])
>>
>> Neither. A sign of the times. Sixty years ago (for instance) Perrault or
>> Grimm would be invoked in the same way but by way of the books and their
>> illustrations (if present).
>
> Try having to explain some of the goings on in Pocahontas ... some
> pretty scary concepts if you ask me.

My wife and I try to slalom around most of these "grown up" themes, but
one I haven't been able to find a good explanation for is when the Beast
and Gaston are fighting on the castle roof and Gaston loses his footing,
  the Beast (who's now good) tries to catch him but Belle yanks him back
and Gaston falls to his death.  Almost a year after seeing it, my
daughter still tears up from time to time because she can't understand
why Belle was mean like that.