POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Those who wait (Message 41 to 50 of 66)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Those who wait
Date: 16 Aug 2014 14:04:39
Message: <53ef9d37@news.povray.org>
On 16/08/2014 18:17, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 28/07/2014 05:20 PM, scott wrote:
>> And are you planning to make the animation public?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s7I80H96CM
>
> Worth it, eh?

Actually, yes.
Could you do it from another angle?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 Aug 2014 05:14:59
Message: <53f07293$1@news.povray.org>
>> Worth it, eh?
>
> Actually, yes.
> Could you do it from another angle?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 17 Aug 2014 07:20:15
Message: <53f08fef$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/08/2014 10:15, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> Worth it, eh?
>>
>> Actually, yes.
>> Could you do it from another angle?
>
> FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

OFFFFFFFFFFFF! :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 17 Aug 2014 08:04:51
Message: <op.xkqjuc03ufxv4h@xena.home>
On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 19:17:45 +0200, Orchid Win7 v1 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> On 28/07/2014 05:20 PM, scott wrote:
>> And are you planning to make the animation public?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s7I80H96CM
>
> Worth it, eh?

Awesome!

Now change it to glass beads.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 Aug 2014 10:11:11
Message: <53f0b7ff$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/08/2014 01:04 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> Awesome!
>
> Now change it to glass beads.

I did try it with mirror beads... doesn't actually look all that good.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 17 Aug 2014 10:46:44
Message: <53f0c054@news.povray.org>
On 29/07/2014 08:18, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Reminds me of this:
>
> http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-28402709

It reminds me of something Invisible posted years ago.
Connected with The Amiga IIRC.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 17 Aug 2014 13:26:54
Message: <op.xkqyq1a7ufxv4h@xena.home>
On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 16:11:12 +0200, Orchid Win7 v1 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> On 17/08/2014 01:04 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> Awesome!
>>
>> Now change it to glass beads.
>
> I did try it with mirror beads... doesn't actually look all that good.

I meant red tinted glass. Though that would change your render time to a
couple more years. Though you wouldn't need the radiosity, so you may yet
be able to render it in 2 weeks. :)

A fly-around camera would also be nice :)

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

>> I did try it with mirror beads... doesn't actually look all that good.
>
> I meant red tinted glass. Though that would change your render time to a
> couple more years. Though you wouldn't need the radiosity, so you may
> yet be able to render it in 2 weeks. :)
>
> A fly-around camera would also be nice :)

Heh. My PC is currently rendering the next animation in the sequence.
(Cyan beads in a Cornell box, following an epicycloid path.)

One surprising thing is that the rippling water doesn't cast caustics on
the sea floor. Then again, I guess the entire sky is more or less
uniformly bright, so...

Post a reply to this message

>> And are you planning to make the animation public?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s7I80H96CM
>
> Worth it, eh?

Nice water surface effect! The balls moving like that made me remember
back to those computer demos in the early 90s, they always seemed to
have at least one section with 10 or 20 balls moving about in
interesting patterns. Of course back then the balls were usually just 2D
sprites and the screen resolution was 320x200 or something ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> The balls moving like that made me remember back to those computer demos
> in the early 90s, they always seemed to have at least one section with
> 10 or 20 balls moving about in interesting patterns. Of course back then
> the balls were usually just 2D sprites and the screen resolution was
> 320x200 or something ;-)

That is the one. I am sure Andrew posted an animation of that years ago
as a homage.

--

Regards
     Stephen