POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stunned!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Stunned!!!! (Message 95 to 104 of 124)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Stunned!!!!
Date: 29 Jul 2014 03:21:27
Message: <53d74b77$1@news.povray.org>
> In spite of actually having expired documentation with the correct name
> on it, neither state would issue her a correct driver's license.

We have similar things in the EU. Any driving license from one EU
country is valid in another automatically without have to apply for a
local one (unless it has expired). The problem is in the UK the license
has your address printed on it. So when I moved to Germany I called the
DVLA (the UK driving license office) and told them I needed to change
the address on my driving license. "Oh no you can't put a non-UK address
on it - don't you know anyone in the UK that can forward your mail to
you, you can use their address." This kind of defeats the whole point of
not having to apply for a new license.

Anyway I put my mum's address on there, but then when it came to renew
it I followed the correct procedure of going to the local "Rathaus" in
my town to apply for a German license. It turned out that nobody there
knew how to deal with converting a UK license to a German one, they even
suggested I needed to take a test! In the end I just got another UK one,
which had the added advantage that I couldn't get any points on my
license :-)

Post a reply to this message