POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Second question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:52 EDT (-0400)
  Second question (Message 29 to 38 of 78)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Second question
Date: 7 Jul 2014 17:37:20
Message: <53bb1310@news.povray.org>
Am 07.07.2014 21:59, schrieb Stephen:
> On 06/07/2014 9:05 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> What's on your desktop?
>
> You don't want to know. And I don't want to tell you.

How do you know we don't want to know? We can be pretty curious...

...thinks: Well, maybe /that/ is why the cat is gone. We probably
shouldn't have asked...

"Curiosity killed the cat."
   - E. Schrodinger

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 7 Jul 2014 17:48:56
Message: <53BB15C3.6070006@gmail.com>
On 7-7-2014 22:16, Stephen wrote:
> On 06/07/2014 11:06 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 06/07/14 22:44, andrel wrote:
>>> two monitors, an old deceased amplifier, a speakerbox, pinter, laptop,
>>> scanner, books, piles of paper, lots of wires, keys, broken glasses,
>>> batteries, caminandes usb thingy (http://www.caminandes.com/), business
>>> cards, mobile phone, mice, 40GB digital tape (unopened), voltage
>>> detector, ...
>>>

>> You really need to tidy up.:-D
>>

> It is the man's life you are talking about, John.
>
> andrel, how long have you had that desk as a pet?

I built it, I think, a year after I moved in, so about 13-14 years now.

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

Post a reply to this message

> 30cm at the end for an in-tray-like contraption that she hardly ever
> touches :-)

Is there no end to your generosity? ;-)

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

>> 30cm at the end for an in-tray-like contraption that she hardly ever
>> touches :-)
>
> Is there no end to your generosity? ;-)

Well she has her own desk in another room... she's lucky I haven't
cleared her stuff off my desk :-)

Post a reply to this message

> she's lucky I haven't cleared her stuff off my desk :-)

No you are lucke. Or wise, even. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

I solemnly promise to kick the next angle, I see.

Post a reply to this message

>> On 06/07/2014 9:05 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>>> What's on your desktop?
>>
>> You don't want to know. And I don't want to tell you.
>
> How do you know we don't want to know?

'Cause I know better than thou.

> We can be pretty curious...

Some say stupid but not twice.

> ....thinks: Well, maybe /that/ is why the cat is gone. We probably
> shouldn't have asked...

No point. You wouldn't understand the answer.

> "Curiosity killed the cat."
>    - E. Schrodinger

Are you sure?

--
Regards
     Stephen

I solemnly promise to kick the next angle, I see.

Post a reply to this message

>>> You really need to tidy up.:-D
>>>

>> It is the man's life you are talking about, John.
>>
>> andrel, how long have you had that desk as a pet?
>>

> I built it, I think, a year after I moved in, so about 13-14 years now.

Then no man can tell you what to do with it.