POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Revolving Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Revolving (Message 21 to 30 of 96)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Revolving
Date: 23 Apr 2014 13:19:48
Message: <5357f634$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:55:52 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> > Of course the millions of people who use iPhones all day long for
>> > surfing the net and play games are delusional.
>
>> Naturally.  I'm sure my 9" tablet is running about 320x200 and requires
>> a magnifying glass to use.
>
> I'm not even sure what you are talking about.
>
> An iPhone5 has a screen resolution of 1136x640 pixels. And people use it
> without magnifying glasses all the time.

No, that can't possibly be true. ;)

(I'm being hyperbolic.  My Nook HD+ tablet runs at full HD, something
that's clearly impossible unless I spent about three trillion dollars on
it).

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Apr 2014 13:20:01
Message: <5357f641$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:26:56 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

>>> Naturally.  I'm sure my 9" tablet is running about 320x200 and
>>> requires a magnifying glass to use.
>>
>> I'm not even sure what you are talking about.
>>
>> An iPhone5 has a screen resolution of 1136x640 pixels. And people use
>> it without magnifying glasses all the time.
>>

> Umm, I think Jim was being ironic. Either that or he bought his tablet
> off a market stall in a 3rd world country.

;)

Jim

From: nemesis
Date: 23 Apr 2014 16:35:01
Message: <web.535823d39c467728ebb90cbd0@news.povray.org>
I saw games going from atari stick figures from my childhood into the nearly
photorealistic games of today.  Same for much better photos being taken and
instantly shared to anyone in the world.

what you really don't get is this:  what you used to call a PC is today
everywhere.  It's in your pocket, in your TV, next to it, on your desk, on your
lap, on your hand... same for screens.  And all are interconnected and
wirelessly communicating with each other.  then again, you didn't even knew
youtube was 1080p now...

that's far more impressive than raw CPU power in an old beige box in the
basement

Post a reply to this message