POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fortune: PDP11 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Fortune: PDP11 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: Fortune: PDP11
Date: 27 Mar 2014 07:16:20
Message: <53340884$1@news.povray.org>
Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set:

DC      Divide and Conquer
DMPK    Destroy Memory Protect Key
DO      Divide and Overflow
EMPC    Emulate Pocket Calculator
EPI     Execute Programmer Immediately
EROS    Erase Read Only Storage
EXCE    Execute Customer Engineer
HCF     Halt and Catch Fire
IBP     Insert Bug and Proceed
INSQSW  Insert into queue somewhere (for FINO queues [First in never out])
PBC     Print and Break Chain
PDSK    Punch Disk

back in the day used pdp11 as controllers for CNC (auto-insertion)
machines ... particularly like the HCF instruction (wonder why)

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 07:16:19 -0400, James Holsenback wrote:

> Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set:
>
> DC      Divide and Conquer DMPK    Destroy Memory Protect Key DO
> Divide and Overflow EMPC    Emulate Pocket Calculator EPI     Execute
> Programmer Immediately EROS    Erase Read Only Storage EXCE    Execute
> Customer Engineer HCF     Halt and Catch Fire IBP     Insert Bug and
> Proceed INSQSW  Insert into queue somewhere (for FINO queues [First in
> never out])
> PBC     Print and Break Chain PDSK    Punch Disk
>
> back in the day used pdp11 as controllers for CNC (auto-insertion)
> machines ... particularly like the HCF instruction (wonder why)

Many of those could also be added to the OS/400 qsysopr command list. ;)

Jim