POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In the pink Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  In the pink (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: In the pink
Date: 8 Feb 2014 13:53:11
Message: <52f67d17$1@news.povray.org>
Jamie Oliver(tm) Pink Salt:

"Mined from ancient salt beds in the foothills of the Himalayas, it is
said to be the purest salt available."

...um, excuse me?

IT'S PINK!!

You see that pinkness there? That's an impurity.

Is it just me??

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: In the pink
Date: 8 Feb 2014 14:08:09
Message: <52f68099$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/02/2014 6:53 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Is it just me??

For people who believe Jamie Oliver, that is the sort of thing, those
people will believe.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> "Mined from ancient salt beds in the foothills of the Himalayas, it is
> said to be the purest salt available."

> ...um, excuse me?

> IT'S PINK!!

> You see that pinkness there? That's an impurity.

> Is it just me??

Salts come in all kinds of colors. Just look at the wikipedia page.
The first example photograph shows a bright blue crystalline form,
while the second is a bright red.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_%28chemistry%29

--
                                                          - Warp