POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delete system32? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Delete system32? (Message 11 to 20 of 36)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: Delete system32?
Date: 22 Jan 2014 03:40:04
Message: <52df83e4$1@news.povray.org>
> How many new file formats are created nowadays that dare to use more
> than 3 characters in their file name extension?
>
> There are some brave people who are courageous enough to make them
> larger than 3 characters, but they are extremely rare.

The only one I can think of is Java - which uses *.java and *.class for
source and object files.

Visual Studio uses a few like *.vcxproj and similar.

Flam3 uses *.flam3 (then again, this software originates from Unix).

In short, this stupidity is slowly drifting away - but only slowly.

Next up: Why, in the year 2014, am I still running installers that have
16-bit dithered logos? WTF?

Post a reply to this message