POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An apology Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  An apology (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Doctor John
Subject: An apology
Date: 19 Jan 2014 16:02:15
Message: <52dc3d57@news.povray.org>
Patrick, both of us have been acting like idiots. I offer my hand in
reconciliation.

<Offers a glass of 'The water of life'>

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: An apology
Date: 19 Jan 2014 22:21:19
Message: <52dc962f$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/19/2014 2:02 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> Patrick, both of us have been acting like idiots. I offer my hand in
> reconciliation.
>
> <Offers a glass of 'The water of life'>
>
> John

Hmm. Not sure I can trust someone with strange glowing blue eyes... ;)

But, yeah, I often am in a rush when I type, and I type like I used to
talk (which is to say, being in the middle of the second sentence, when
my mouth, or in this case, my hands, are still trying to catch up with
the middle of the first sentence). It doesn't always lend itself to
being "clear" about my intent in all cases,  or what point I am actually
trying to make.

Frankly, my personal Achilles Heel is also memory. I am damn good at
thinking through problems, but ask me the name of who came up with
something, or who wrote a book I just got done reading, or.. anything
else, and, if I can't look it up somehow, I won't have a single damn
clue, even if I do, usually, have a good grasp of what they wrote.
Eidetic memory would, for such... er, "trivia?" I definitely do not have.

I keep telling myself that I will, one of these days, actually take the
time to proofread, but then.. I look up at the clock and find I am 5
minutes later than I wanted to be, to leave for my shitty job, and all
self-promises go right out the window.

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get