POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) (Message 71 to 78 of 78)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Jim, orhumorinJim'scase=
Date: 13 Jan 2014 01:26:23
Message: <52d3870f$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:24:38 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> a bit to
>>>
>>> Damn! Here come the cruse missiles (late again).
>>
>> You forgot to open the doors.  Duck. ;)
>>

> Had to sell the doors after the last time.

That's gonna make it difficult to shield yourself from the blast wave.
Hang on to something - tightly.

>>> but if you're OK with it, then I'll
>>>
>>> Ahem! Don't you mean accept the loss?
>>
>> I was pretty precise in what I said - but if you want to call it a
>> loss,
>> that's fine by me as well. ;)
>>

> Yup! yours.

Oh, no, that's not what you said - I accept your loss. ;)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Jim, Stephen and im'scase=
Date: 22 Jan 2014 11:43:07
Message: <52dff51b@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:00:51 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 12/01/14 11:00, Stephen wrote:

>>> I had misunderstood that you had left the queue. ;)
>>>
>> John was keeping my place. Or at least, he should have been.
>>

> Umm. I was, but I got distracted by a pair of little old ladies in
> another thread arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a
> pin (or some such irrelevancy).
> Out of generosity we should allow Stephen his victory; after all, he
> doesn't win that often despite his somewhat over the top celebrations.

Here are some ideas for the next game, if you haven't seen them already:

http://prosign.tumblr.com/post/33766157596/someone-has-made-fake-london-
underground-signs-and

Jim

On 22/01/2014 4:43 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:00:51 +0000, Doctor John wrote:
>

>> Umm. I was, but I got distracted by a pair of little old ladies in
>> another thread arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a
>> pin (or some such irrelevancy).
>> Out of generosity we should allow Stephen his victory; after all, he
>> doesn't win that often despite his somewhat over the top celebrations.
>
> Here are some ideas for the next game,

2016?

if you haven't seen them already:

> http://prosign.tumblr.com/post/33766157596/someone-has-made-fake-london-
> underground-signs-and

No. But I raise you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25551751

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 07:25:51 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 22/01/2014 4:43 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:00:51 +0000, Doctor John wrote:
>>

>>> Umm. I was, but I got distracted by a pair of little old ladies in
>>> another thread arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of
>>> a pin (or some such irrelevancy).
>>> Out of generosity we should allow Stephen his victory; after all, he
>>> doesn't win that often despite his somewhat over the top celebrations.
>>
>> Here are some ideas for the next game,
>
> 2016?

Oh, probably not that far out - maybe after we get moved.  If all goes
well, within 3 weeks now. :)

> if you haven't seen them already:
>>
>> http://prosign.tumblr.com/post/33766157596/someone-has-made-fake-
london-
>> underground-signs-and
>>

> No. But I raise you:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25551751

Nice!

Jim

On 25/01/2014 8:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Oh, probably not that far out - maybe after we get moved.  If all goes
> well, within 3 weeks now.:)

The sale went through?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 25/01/2014 8:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Oh, probably not that far out - maybe after we get moved.  If all goes
>> well, within 3 weeks now.:)
>
> The sale went through?

John <keeps his fingers and other parts of his anatomy crossed>
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message