POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) (Message 69 to 78 of 78)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense ofhumour(orhumorinJim's case)
Date: 13 Jan 2014 01:24:29
Message: <52d3869d$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:32:11 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 12/01/2014 10:15 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 21:12:10 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> So do a lot of adults and they are generally talking about beating
>>> children. O_O
>>
>> That's certainly true.  I've forgotten now where we were. :)
>>

> Some things change, thank goodness.

Indeed, though in some cases, not nearly enough.

>>> I supose that it is better than the snow in the frozen north.
>>
>> Ironically, we'll be further north, but it'll be warmer and rainier.
>> We'll be at 100 feet above sea level instead of nearly 4,000.
>>

> More O2 as well. Any sign of a date?

Mid-February.  We got an offer a week ago, had an inspector in Friday to
look at it.  If all goes well, our buyers close on the 10th of Feb.

So I'm looking for work in the Seattle area.  Portland would also work,
but right now, Seattle's in the lead (more options, though according to
one friend there, they've been a bit slower coming out of the recession,
and that's now starting to happen).

>>> Yes I know it's risky.
>>> But then I cross roads without waiting for a machine to tell me that I
>>> can. :-P
>>
>> Over here, that's likely to get you a $125 fine (at least in Salt Lake
>> City - a group of us were heading to lunch one day, and a cop caught
>> three coworkers jaywalking.  My boss and I had stopped because he
>> wanted to light a cigarette, and I was talking to him.
>>

> Jaywalking seems a draconian law to me.
>
> I can't believe people put up with it.

Well, the street it happened on does have a light rail line on it, and
pedestrians can cross the tracks.

>> The other three got off with a warning.  Now I wonder if Samantha was
>> the cop.
>
> If it had have been her. She would have slapped the cuffs on and strip
> searched.

Hmmm, true.  Though how she would do that wearing the cuffs, well, is a
mystery.... ;)

Jim