POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) (Message 41 to 50 of 78)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humorinJim's case)
Date: 11 Jan 2014 03:24:17
Message: <52d0ffb1$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/01/14 05:36, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Nice move.  You know, I've been thinking about a project, actually -
> transcriptions of all games from the show that there are recordings of
> (or that I have recordings of), map them out, and run some statistics on
> what's popular, what moves are popular, and what rules are invoked at
> what times.
>
> Elephant & Castle, just for some variety. :)

I thought I'd replied to this but I was wrong. An excellent idea. Let us
know if you need gaps filled (as Samantha would say)

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 11 Jan 2014 03:33:25
Message: <52d101d5$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/01/2014 8:12 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 11/01/14 07:59, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> This game has gone to rat sh*t.
>>
>> I cannot believe that both of you have forgotten to take your dried frog
>> pills, at the same time.
>>
>> "Bank" That is so obvious it must be subtle.
>>

> Are you actually going to make a move?

No.

>> But It is JIM's turn, now. And he can forget where he is.
>>

> Oops. Wake up,Jim.
>
> <Thinks about invoking Majikthize's rule>

Don't know what you're talking about.
I thought I liked him until I tried re-reading some of the ones I had
liked. Very hard going and it seemed a bit laboured. Not surprising
really, considering his problem with deadlines.
Died so young. :-(
Unlike dear Humph.

Which brings me back to the game of "Mornington Crescent".

Oops!

Sorry.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I thought I liked him until I tried re-reading some of the ones I had
> liked. Very hard going and it seemed a bit laboured. Not surprising
> really, considering his problem with deadlines.
> Died so young. :-(
> Unlike dear Humph.
>
> Which brings me back to the game of "Mornington Crescent".
>
> Oops!
>
> Sorry.

<Gives Stephen a couple of DFPs and a quick dose of reality>

Invokes Vroomfondel's variation: from now on all moves must be justified
by a song title

I justify my last move with 'Money'

John
- -
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents
You hold it in trust for your children

Post a reply to this message

> Which brings me back to the game of "Mornington Crescent".

Not a legal move. Samantha would have objected but her hands were full
at the time.

John