POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) (Message 11 to 20 of 78)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (orhumorinJim'scase)
Date: 4 Jan 2014 18:32:53
Message: <52c89a25$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/01/2014 10:28 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 04/01/14 21:58, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>>> Another festive theme is funny animals so. Oft we go to Catford.
>>
>> Oooh, nice move.  I'll be interested to see what John does in response to
>> that. :)
>>
>> Jim
>>

> I thought it was your move. But since you insist:
>
> Canary Wharf

I thought that it was his turn too.

Well, I'm off to Bedford.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 5 Jan 2014 12:06:22
Message: <52c9910e$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/01/14 21:58, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 10:19:23 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Now there is a thing. On Thursday, I was offered a job at the Elephant,
>> without an interview if I could start on Monday. I had interviewed for a
>> similar job in November and did not get it. Nice to be asked but I have
>> organise a UAT the week after next.
>
> Interesting.... UAT?

IIRC, User Acceptance Testing

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jan 2014 19:42:29
Message: <52c9fbf5@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 17:06:08 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 04/01/14 21:58, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 10:19:23 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>>>
>>> Now there is a thing. On Thursday, I was offered a job at the
>>> Elephant, without an interview if I could start on Monday. I had
>>> interviewed for a similar job in November and did not get it. Nice to
>>> be asked but I have organise a UAT the week after next.
>>
>> Interesting.... UAT?
>>

> IIRC, User Acceptance Testing

Oh, duh, right. :)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jan 2014 19:43:22
Message: <52c9fc2a@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 22:28:28 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 04/01/14 21:58, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>>> Another festive theme is funny animals so. Oft we go to Catford.
>>
>> Oooh, nice move.  I'll be interested to see what John does in response
>> to that. :)
>>
>> Jim
>>

> I thought it was your move. But since you insist:
>
> Canary Wharf
>
> john

Well, wait, you went to White City, I went to Blackpool, then it was
Stephen's turn.

Stephen wasn't in Huff, was he?

Jim

From: Stephen
Date: 6 Jan 2014 15:00:01
Message: <web.52cb0b1bf35f58804bff9a870@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrot

> > I thought it was your move. But since you insist:
> >
> > Canary Wharf
> >
> > john
>
> Well, wait, you went to White City, I went to Blackpool, then it was
> Stephen's turn.
>
> Stephen wasn't in Huff, was he?

No, I moved to Bedford.

Someone has their knickers in a twist.

Euston road, just to get things moving.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Jan 2014 15:38:29
Message: <52cb1445$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:59:23 -0500, Stephen wrote:

> Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrot
>> >>

>> > I thought it was your move. But since you insist:
>> >
>> > Canary Wharf
>> >
>> > john
>>
>> Well, wait, you went to White City, I went to Blackpool, then it was
>> Stephen's turn.
>>
>> Stephen wasn't in Huff, was he?
>>

> No, I moved to Bedford.

Ah, OK.  The sequencing is out of sync. ;)

> Someone has their knickers in a twist.

You'd better fix them, then.

> Euston road, just to get things moving.

That's a pretty classic move.

Knightsbridge.

Jim

> On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:59:23 -0500, Stephen wrote:
>> No, I moved to Bedford.
>
> Ah, OK.  The sequencing is out of sync. ;)
>
>> Someone has their knickers in a twist.
>
> You'd better fix them, then.
>
>> Euston road, just to get things moving.
>
> That's a pretty classic move.
>
> Knightsbridge.

Is the Harrod's Sale still on?

<Decides to go somewhere more upmarket> Bond Street

John