POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Winamp is dead last ver. 5.666 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Winamp is dead last ver. 5.666 (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: Winamp is dead last ver. 5.666
Date: 29 Dec 2013 14:25:24
Message: <52c07724$1@news.povray.org>

>>> Ah WinAmp, the best media player of them all until AOL happened to it...
>>
>> I thought everyone had moved to VLC by now...
>
> I thought VLC was just a buggy video player...

A buggy video player that also plays MP3s, FLACs, OGGs, etc...

From: Doctor John
Date: 29 Dec 2013 15:33:19
Message: <52c0870f$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/12/13 19:25, Francois Labreque wrote:

>>> I thought everyone had moved to VLC by now...
>>
>> I thought VLC was just a buggy video player...
>
> A buggy video player that also plays MP3s, FLACs, OGGs, etc...

But still f***ing buggy. I get at least two sets of patches a week from
the openSuse servers for the damn thing. For pure audio I prefer Amarok.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

>>> I thought VLC was just a buggy video player...
>>
>> A buggy video player that also plays MP3s, FLACs, OGGs, etc...
>>

> But still f***ing buggy. I get at least two sets of patches a week from
> the openSuse servers for the damn thing. For pure audio I prefer Amarok.

Point being, a video player is typically designed to play back one large
video file. The GUI generally isn't designed for things like playlists,
shuffle play, EQ adjustments, and all the other sorts of things a
dedicated audio player is designed for.

Having said that, does anybody remember that time they tried to make
WinAmp into a video player? Sheesh...

Post a reply to this message