POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting (Message 101 to 110 of 144)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ...
Date: 3 Jan 2014 13:41:11
Message: <52c70447$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 04:32:07 -0500, Warp wrote:

> Ok, I'm so tempted that I can't resist it anymore: You are fucking
> moron.

That's really mature, Warp.  Way to go.

<slow clap>

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell!
Date: 3 Jan 2014 13:42:56
Message: <52c704b0$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:09:51 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> Green? ;)
>>

> If you want.
>
> I have no opinions on the matter. (See everyone, it can be said. :-) )

LOL

>>> Yes and that is why I always spec a bike shed with a penthouse and
>>> patio doors. That way I might get a shed for bikes.
>>
>> But the discussion is about what colour it should be. ;)
>>

> Why? Is it a religious thing? It is in Northern Ireland and the West
> coast of Scotland.

I guess you don't know what it is....

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bikeshedding is a good summary. :)

> The school that I went to was an urban school and it was near the
> junction of two main thoroughfares. Cycling was a contra survival thing,
> hence we had no bike shed. The bogs were the place to go, to smoke and
> be tough.
>
> So to keep in the spirit, I will say.
> Large red sandstone blocks, blackened with age, and white porcelain
> tiles.

That's the way to do it. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Jan 2014 13:43:15
Message: <52c704c3$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 06:09:07 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 03/01/2014 12:20 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 20:47:00 +0100, andrel wrote:
>>
>>> http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RDlUlTR1xXc/UYBH7JMnrxI/AAAAAAAACFA/
>> mEZ4NH6UbYg/s1600/tumblr_mm2mx0hnmy1qzjmo0o1_1280.jpg
>>>
>>> orange dressed in blue.
>>
>> I'm not understanding the reference...
>>
> She is of the House of Orange. The same way our Queen is of the House of
> Windsor. Previously the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

Ah, I see.  I don't tend to notice stuff like that. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 3 Jan 2014 15:55:23
Message: <op.w84pqcp4ufxv4h@xena>
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 04:38:26 +0200, Patrick Elliott <kag### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

> In short, stop being a useful idiot to these people. Treat the victims
> as smart intelligent people, until/unless there is a damn good reason to
> not, who didn't take some sort of imaginary risks, and, in most cases,
> probably couldn't have done a bloody thing to reduce them, not as,
> somehow, by default, automatically, and, without any need of facts or
> evidence, culpable in what happened.

I can agree with that. You get people raping babies and grannies - that
has nothing to do with dress code.
Another problem concerning this is fake rape claims where a girl claims
some-one has raped them only later to recant and say they just didn't like
his attitude or something or wanted to pat him back for something silly. I
have heard many accounts of girls claiming their teacher has raped them
and recant afterwards. And again the innocent one's life is destroyed.
On the other hand, because of things like this a rape victim has to
produce proof and keep reliving the ordeal in order to prosecute - if she
ever finds the strength to do it. Many are just too scared or ashamed.
--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message