POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas (Message 34 to 43 of 143)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas
Date: 18 Dec 2013 15:07:16
Message: <52b20074@news.povray.org>
On 18/12/2013 17:48, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Ha!  You thought I fell for your little "trap," but I'm the one who
> pulled the woolly mammoth over your eyes!  Muahahahahahahahahahahaha!
>
> First up:  Repetition! (of "Plugh")

Rubbish! I said it in lower-case and without quotes.

> But thanks for the lamp, that means I can watch as the horror of
> realisation crosses your faces as to what you've unleashed. :)
>
> Flood Control Dam #3.  Oh, yes, I went *there*.

Damn you, Moriarty!

<steps back, loses his footing and....>

Reichenbach Falls

xyzzy

John

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Dec 2013 15:27:44
Message: <52b20540@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:07:15 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 18/12/2013 17:48, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Ha!  You thought I fell for your little "trap," but I'm the one who
>> pulled the woolly mammoth over your eyes!  Muahahahahahahahahahahaha!
>>
>> First up:  Repetition! (of "Plugh")
>
> Rubbish! I said it in lower-case and without quotes.

Hmmm, should we allow that?  Oh, I don't care..... ;)

>> But thanks for the lamp, that means I can watch as the horror of
>> realisation crosses your faces as to what you've unleashed. :)
>>
>> Flood Control Dam #3.  Oh, yes, I went *there*.
>>

> Damn you, Moriarty!
>
> <steps back, loses his footing and....>
>
> Reichenbach Falls
>
> xyzzy

Baker Street is too obvious, so....Norbury.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 19 Dec 2013 02:45:00
Message: <web.52b2a2de9b1660f77d8c6e9c0@news.povray.org>
> On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:07:15 +0000, Doctor John wrote:
>
> > On 18/12/2013 17:48, Jim Henderson wrote:
> >>
> >> Ha!  You thought I fell for your little "trap," but I'm the one who
> >> pulled the woolly mammoth over your eyes!  Muahahahahahahahahahahaha!
> >>
> >> First up:  Repetition! (of "Plugh")
> >
> > Rubbish! I said it in lower-case and without quotes.
>
> Hmmm, should we allow that?  Oh, I don't care..... ;)

You had lower case in your day?
All we had was a Teletype and a paper tape reader.
Tell that to the youth of today and what to they say?

> >> But thanks for the lamp, that means I can watch as the horror of
> >> realisation crosses your faces as to what you've unleashed. :)
> >>
> >> Flood Control Dam #3.  Oh, yes, I went *there*.
> >>

> > Damn you, Moriarty!
> >
> > <steps back, loses his footing and....>
> >
> > Reichenbach Falls
> >
> > xyzzy
>
> Baker Street is too obvious, so....Norbury.
>
> Jim

Now that you have got it out of your system. Can we get back to the matter in
hand?
And John. Put it away, please. Samantha's beginning to waken up.

Cockfosters.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 02:40:14 -0500, Stephen wrote:

>> > Rubbish! I said it in lower-case and without quotes.
>>
>> Hmmm, should we allow that?  Oh, I don't care..... ;)
>>

> You had lower case in your day?
> All we had was a Teletype and a paper tape reader.
> Tell that to the youth of today and what to they say?

"Get a new computer, gramps!" ;)

>> Baker Street is too obvious, so....Norbury.
>>
> Now that you have got it out of your system. Can we get back to the
> matter in hand?

That depends whose hand it's in.

> And John. Put it away, please. Samantha's beginning to waken up.

It's better if she's awake, means she can keep track of the points better.

> Cockfosters.

Bugger.  I didn't see that coming.

Fortunately, it's John's turn, so I don't have to deal with that.

Jim

Post a reply to this message