POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An important tip Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  An important tip (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Doctor John
Subject: An important tip
Date: 19 Oct 2013 18:33:42
Message: <526308c6$1@news.povray.org>
When working late at night, do not spill your gentleman's measure of
Lagavulin (or indeed Glenmorangie or whatever your poison is) on your
keyboaard. Whisky seems to do more damage than Coke(tm) or coffee.

John (writing on a usb keybard after disconnecting the one belonging to
his laptop)
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 23:34:14 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> When working late at night, do not spill your gentleman's measure of
> Lagavulin (or indeed Glenmorangie or whatever your poison is) on your
> keyboaard. Whisky seems to do more damage than Coke(tm) or coffee.

Not only that, but doing so is alcohol abuse of the worst kind.  Lagavulin
or Glenmorangie (or whatever) can't be properly appreciated by non-
sentient computer equipment. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Not only that, but doing so is alcohol abuse of the worst kind.  Lagavulin
> or Glenmorangie (or whatever) can't be properly appreciated by non-
> sentient computer equipment. ;)
>
> Jim

Absolutely. The damn machine slurped it up then rolled over and died.

John

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 02:30:42 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> Absolutely. The damn machine slurped it up then rolled over and died.

If we had been talking about vodka, that would've been a *terrible* pun.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 01:51:58 +0200, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom>
wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 23:34:14 +0100, Doctor John wrote:
>
>> When working late at night, do not spill your gentleman's measure of
>> Lagavulin (or indeed Glenmorangie or whatever your poison is) on your
>> keyboaard. Whisky seems to do more damage than Coke(tm) or coffee.
>
> Not only that, but doing so is alcohol abuse of the worst kind.
> Lagavulin
> or Glenmorangie (or whatever) can't be properly appreciated by non-
> sentient computer equipment. ;)
>
> Jim

I think they just prefer pure alcohol. It's the (non-alcohol) impurities
that cause the problems.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

On 19/10/2013 11:34 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> When working late at night, do not spill your gentleman's measure

Ochone, ochone, ya bampot. :-)

I hope you drained the k/board into an empty glass.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 19/10/2013 11:34 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> When working late at night, do not spill your gentleman's measure
>

> Ochone, ochone, ya bampot. :-)
>
> I hope you drained the k/board into an empty glass.

On the contrary. I swore long and loud then poured another - fresh from
the bottle. You wouldn't want to drink anything that's been on one of my
keyboards.

John

From: Doctor John
Date: 20 Oct 2013 09:11:53
Message: <5263d699$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/10/13 10:36, Stephen wrote:
> On 19/10/2013 11:34 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> When working late at night, do not spill your gentleman's measure
>

> Ochone, ochone, ya bampot. :-)
>
> I hope you drained the k/board into an empty glass.

BTW Stephen. Ignore the email. I hit Reply instead of Follow-up :-/

John

From: Stephen
Date: 20 Oct 2013 15:19:17
Message: <52642cb5$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/10/2013 2:10 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On the contrary. I swore long and loud then poured another -

Loud and short, I can understand. ;-)

> fresh from
> the bottle. You wouldn't want to drink anything that's been on one of my
> keyboards.

I bet, I've seen worse.
One guy I worked with. Came to his PC one morning and the k/board was
swarming with ants.  He didn't know anything about hygiene in the
tropics. And ants love doughnut sugar.

--
Regards
     Stephen