POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Going dark Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:35 EDT (-0400)
  Going dark (Message 16 to 25 of 45)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Going dark
Date: 18 Oct 2013 16:08:38
Message: <52619546$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18/10/2013 20:36, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
> On 18/10/2013 10:36 AM, scott wrote:
>> You should be grateful with what you have :-P On a good day I can get
>> just above 3 Mb/s...
>
> Yeah, I was under the impression most of the country uses ADSL2, which
> tops out at 8 Mb/s. I'm not actually sure how it's even *possible* to
> have 40 Mb/s...

ADSL2+ tops at 20 Mb/s IP (or 28Mb/s ATM) for download, max 1Mb/s upload
France allowed VDSL2 since 1 October 2013... if you are shorter than
1200m, it can provide far better rate. IIRC, 200Mb/s down and 50Mb/s
up... if you are next to the NRA and the NRA is VDSL2 compatible...
Half them for reality at less than 500 m of the NRA.

Next to the NRA: rather: have direct access to it, your line being
inside it!

Now, the usual NRA is up to 6000 m radius large, so the probability that
you are less than 1200m from it is about 1/25 : 1 out of 25 house will
be happy of VDSL2. On a city of 20 000 houses, that's not a so big
number. (800)

Post a reply to this message