POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Realisation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Realisation (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Realisation
Date: 13 Sep 2013 15:12:01
Message: <52336381$1@news.povray.org>
You know you're not as much of a computer nut as you once where...

...when you have to actually run CPUz because you can't remember what
CPU you have. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Realisation
Date: 13 Sep 2013 19:20:03
Message: <52339da3@news.povray.org>
> You know you're not as much of a computer nut as you once where...

> ...when you have to actually run CPUz because you can't remember what
> CPU you have. ;-)

I can remember the CPU, but remember which NVidia card I have is
both annoyingly difficult to remember and to find out. (Not that it's
technically difficult to find out. It's difficult to remember where
that information was stated.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

Le 14/09/2013 01:20, Warp nous fit lire :
> Orchid Win7 v1 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> You know you're not as much of a computer nut as you once where...
>
>> ...when you have to actually run CPUz because you can't remember what
>> CPU you have. ;-)
>
> I can remember the CPU, but remember which NVidia card I have is
> both annoyingly difficult to remember and to find out.

I just launch nvidia-settings and it is right there!
(well, on the left column: GPU 0 -(...) !

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 21:12:09 +0200, Orchid Win7 v1 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> You know you're not as much of a computer nut as you once where...
>
> ...when you have to actually run CPUz because you can't remember what
> CPU you have. ;-)

I keep forgetting what motherboard I have. Strange while writing this I
remember something like DG41RQ.
I also keep forgetting that I only have 1Gb RAM on my graphics card.

Now I remember it when I don't need it :S

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

> I can remember the CPU, but remember which NVidia card I have is
> both annoyingly difficult to remember and to find out.

Mine's a GeForce 260. The one *before* they realised that the 260 wasn't
actually very good value for money and upped the specs without altering
the price. Ho hum...

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 12:38:16 +0200, Orchid Win7 v1 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> On 14/09/2013 12:20 AM, Warp wrote:
>> I can remember the CPU, but remember which NVidia card I have is
>> both annoyingly difficult to remember and to find out.
>
> Mine's a GeForce 260. The one *before* they realised that the 260 wasn't
> actually very good value for money and upped the specs without altering
> the price. Ho hum...

I was tried getting a 260 but they didn't have any in stock. So they gave
me an ATI 5770 for the same price. My first ATI and so far so good.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

On 14/09/2013 05:47 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 21:12:09 +0200, Orchid Win7 v1 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>
>> You know you're not as much of a computer nut as you once where...
>>
>> ...when you have to actually run CPUz because you can't remember what
>> CPU you have. ;-)
>
> I keep forgetting what motherboard I have

I only know mine is an ASUS P8P67LE because I can see the box from here.
;-) It's not an especially memorable part number.

Post a reply to this message