POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Where is the world going? (Message 11 to 20 of 199)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Where is the world going?
Date: 27 Aug 2013 12:56:48
Message: <521cda50@news.povray.org>
On 27/08/2013 2:45 PM, clipka wrote:
> At least some editions of Windows also provide a shortcut in the start
> menu, in the "accessories" submenu, called "command prompt" (IIRC).

My version has an "Open command window here" as an entry in the context
menu (right click) in explorer.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 27 Aug 2013 13:11:38
Message: <521cddca$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/08/2013 4:11 PM, Warp wrote:
> Stephen <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:
>>> I remember win95, a good user interface with DOS - where is DOS now?
>
>> Hidden in the command prompt box: cmd.exe
>
> cmd.exe is a program, not DOS...

True it is a command-line interpreter.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 27 Aug 2013 13:17:24
Message: <521cdf24$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/08/2013 08:26 AM, scott wrote:
>> Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a simplified UI existing. If
>> there's a product specifically for people who just want to surf the
>> Internet and send a few emails, then that's great! What I object to is
>> *me* being forced to use that same product.
>
> You do realise if you get the "desktop" version of Win8 you get the
> standard Win7-like desktop too? It's only the "RT" version for low
> powered mobile devices that consists solely of the new GUI.

If that's only the cut-down version, then why is all the marketing
material based on it?

Also, the laptop we purchased to test Windows 8 with came with that
awful UI too, so...

Post a reply to this message