POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unicode Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Unicode (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Unicode
Date: 10 Jun 2013 15:01:15
Message: <51b6227b$1@news.povray.org>
Unicode. It defines a supposedly universal system of codes for writing
all the languages of the world. Thanks to Unicode, non-ASCII characters
are no longer the broken mess that they once were; you can write
non-ASCII characters and have a reasonable chance of it actually working
in more than one application.

What it perhaps less known is that Unicode also has codepoints for
really, *really* obscure stuff - alphabets that haven't been written for
thousands of years, such as Linear-B, Cuneiform, etc. This stuff is
presumably highly useful to scholars of ancient languages - and utterly
useless to the rest of human civilisation.

But what I didn't know was this:

http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1F600.pdf

For real. This is an actual thing.

Post a reply to this message