POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Review: The Croods Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Review: The Croods (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Review: The Croods
Date: 30 Mar 2013 20:15:17
Message: <51578015$1@news.povray.org>
The Good:  Some of the camera work, lighting, and smoke effects are very
good.  The modeling artists took a great deal of liberty with the fauna
of the Stone Age, although this is usually for comic or artistic effect.

The Bad:  The chief device for moving the plot along is for incredibly
potent seismic events to strike the earth near where the characters
happen to be.

The Ugly:  Take any story about a rebellious teenage daughter who proves
that her overly-protective father is as wrong as 1 = 0, and set that
story in the stone age.  That's the plot.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

On 31/03/2013 12:15 AM, John VanSickle wrote:
> The Ugly: Take any story about a rebellious teenage daughter who proves
> that her overly-protective father is as wrong as 1 = 0, and set that
> story in the stone age. That's the plot.

Thank you for saving me a couple of hours of my life. :-)