POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The cake is a lie, but... Server Time
2 Jun 2024 12:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  The cake is a lie, but... (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Aydan
Subject: Re: The cake is a lie, but...
Date: 11 Dec 2012 04:45:01
Message: <web.50c6ffff2b2696fe3771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
> Not so strange if you recall that the porting work for Linux (and
> probably also BSD) to run on ARM platforms had been done already.
>
> One possible difference might be the floating point math, which doesn't
> seem to be as straightforward as we're used to on x86 machines. I guess
> there is /some/ reason why the official reference Linux distro for the
> Pi is built to use software-emulated floating point math, rather than
> the on-chip floating point hardware.
>

> Even if it turns out that there's nothing else to do, there's still
> porting work to be done in the sense of checking whether the
> platform-specific header files make sense for the ARM.

I hope you're porting for Raspbian as it supports hardfloat.
Raspbian also became the recommended distro some months ago.

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Dec 2012 06:30:00
Message: <web.50c718ac2b2696fec2d977c20@news.povray.org>
I'm more into 'physical computing' these days. I just bought an Arduino Uno, to
play around with (and to learn some rudiments of the C language.) The Raspberry
Pi is for geeks. And, of course, I'm not one of *them*, Heaven forbid...  :-P

Post a reply to this message