POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Scientific illiteracy in boards of education (Message 101 to 107 of 107)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
Date: 2 Dec 2012 03:27:55
Message: <50bb110b$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/12/2012 4:48 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 18:41:35 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
>> Want to become a member? Read this!" thread in irtc.general. So that he
>> can look out for you.
>
> Site seems to be down at the moment, BTW.

So it is, thanks for the heads up, Jim.
I have emailed the web hosting service but his sites are down ATM. This
is the first time in five years so can't complain too much.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 2 Dec 2012 03:35:16
Message: <50bb12c4$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/12/2012 4:45 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> I thought once upon a time the only way you could vote was to have
> submitted something?

That was the IRTC's rules. Anyone who has registered can rate the
entries and vote for the next topic.
It is beginning to be a too exclusive club and we are just voting for
each others entries. Besides needing more people to submit images more
impartial judges would be a good thing too.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 08:27:55 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 02/12/2012 4:48 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 18:41:35 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> Want to become a member? Read this!" thread in irtc.general. So that
>>> he can look out for you.
>>
>> Site seems to be down at the moment, BTW.
>>
> So it is, thanks for the heads up, Jim.
> I have emailed the web hosting service but his sites are down ATM. This
> is the first time in five years so can't complain too much.

No problem, I'll keep my eyes out for when it comes back. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 08:35:16 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 02/12/2012 4:45 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I thought once upon a time the only way you could vote was to have
>> submitted something?
>
> That was the IRTC's rules. Anyone who has registered can rate the
> entries and vote for the next topic.
> It is beginning to be a too exclusive club and we are just voting for
> each others entries. Besides needing more people to submit images more
> impartial judges would be a good thing too.

Ahhh, I was mixing the two up. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 02/12/2012 9:00 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>> >So it is, thanks for the heads up, Jim.
>> >I have emailed the web hosting service but his sites are down ATM. This
>> >is the first time in five years so can't complain too much.
> No problem, I'll keep my eyes out for when it comes back.:)

Either Thomas or I will announce it.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> No problem, I'll keep my eyes out for when it comes back.:)
>
> Either Thomas or I will announce it.

Announced!

The site is back up

--