POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Disney has bought Lucasfilms Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Disney has bought Lucasfilms (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Disney has bought Lucasfilms
Date: 30 Oct 2012 23:26:09
Message: <50909a51$1@news.povray.org>
...and has announced that there will be a new Star Wars film in 2015,
with more to follow after that.

Which raises one question for those of us who came of age while the
first trilogy was in the theaters:

Will Disney rape our childhoods?

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Disney has bought Lucasfilms
Date: 31 Oct 2012 00:03:40
Message: <5090a31c$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 22:26:10 -0500, John VanSickle wrote:

> ...and has announced that there will be a new Star Wars film in 2015,
> with more to follow after that.
>
> Which raises one question for those of us who came of age while the
> first trilogy was in the theaters:
>
> Will Disney rape our childhoods?

Well, I wouldn't use the word "rape" in this context, but....

It couldn't be worse than Lucas already did, could it?

Seriously, some of the stuff Disney has done recently has been pretty
good.  They own Marvel Entertainment, who did The Avengers et al. and
those turned out pretty good.

Jim

Post a reply to this message