POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Eye Candy Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Eye Candy (Message 1 to 10 of 39)
From: James Holsenback
Subject: Eye Candy
Date: 20 Sep 2012 10:28:46
Message: <505b281e$1@news.povray.org>
Astronomy is 2012 photographer of the year ... some of the composites
are really stunning. I particularly like the ones that drive home the
point that we are just a tiny speck in the scheme of things, kind of
makes you wonder how long before we finally get over ourselves.

On 20/09/2012 03:28 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
> Astronomy is 2012 photographer of the year ... some of the composites
> are really stunning. I particularly like the ones that drive home the
> point that we are just a tiny speck in the scheme of things, kind of
> makes you wonder how long before we finally get over ourselves.

Every time I look at something like this, I can't help thinking "if only
the resolution was higher..."

Also: In what part of the world are stars actually visible to the naked
eye at night?

Post a reply to this message

> Also: In what part of the world are stars actually visible to the naked
> eye at night?

http://www.darkskydiscovery.org.uk/images/darksky01.jpg

Somewhere that's not red :-)

Post a reply to this message

> Also: In what part of the world are stars actually visible to the naked
> eye at night?

At my yard. You're welcome to come and see.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

> On 20/09/2012 03:28 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
> > Astronomy is 2012 photographer of the year ... some of the composites
> > are really stunning. I particularly like the ones that drive home the
> > point that we are just a tiny speck in the scheme of things, kind of
> > makes you wonder how long before we finally get over ourselves.
>
> Every time I look at something like this, I can't help thinking "if only
> the resolution was higher..."

And you could zoom in.

> Also: In what part of the world are stars actually visible to the naked
> eye at night?

Years ago I was driving in the bush in Australia. Whan I stopped the car at
night and looked up. I almost fell over backwards, the sky was so full of stars.
They looked a solid mass compaired to metropolitan European skys.

Post a reply to this message

> Also: In what part of the world are stars actually visible to the naked
> eye at night?

What an odd question. Even in the most lit and polluted cities you can see
at least some stars.

I'm assuming you meant to ask "in what part of the world is the milky way
visible to the naked eye at night?"

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message