POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Move with the times Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Move with the times (Message 84 to 93 of 113)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: Move with the times
Date: 3 Oct 2012 08:44:17
Message: <506c3321$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/10/2012 01:21 PM, scott wrote:
>> Now, imagine watching a movie on a screen that's so tiny that you have
>> to hold it a few inches in front of your face to even be able to /see/
>> it. I just have to ask: What the hell is the point? I mean, other than
>> the bragging rights for saying "I have an expensive piece of equipment".
>> It just seems pointless to me...
>
> Agreed, never watched a movie on my phone before, it would be horrible.
> A FullHD screen is not just for movies though, obviously everything else
> running on the phone can take advantage of it (photos, the GUI, YouTube
> videos, maps, ebooks, websites, etc.).

Being able to actually see photos slightly more clearly, or have more
legible text, might actually be worth it. Being able to watch movies in
FullHD? Not so much...

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 3 Oct 2012 08:55:01
Message: <web.506c355ed9ae175df2eb76540@news.povray.org>

> In the case of the phone thing above, it's simple: If the screen was any
> bigger, the device wouldn't fit in your pocket. It's that simple. Just
> some basic physics.

My Galaxy S2 is 4.9 X 2.6 X 0.33 inches it easily fits in any of my pockets
including shirt pockets. But as for watching a movie on it, there I agree with
you. I would need to be desperate to do that. Watching clips is okay but nothing
longer than 10 minutes IMO

Stephen

Post a reply to this message