POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I giggled a bunch at some of these Vim Koans Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  I giggled a bunch at some of these Vim Koans (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Darren New
Subject: I giggled a bunch at some of these Vim Koans
Date: 26 Aug 2012 00:27:02
Message: <5039a596$1@news.povray.org>
http://blog.sanctum.geek.nz/vim-koans/

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"
   "Don't panic. There's beans and filters
    in the cabinet."

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Re: I giggled a bunch at some of these Vim Koans
Date: 26 Aug 2012 04:16:07
Message: <5039db47$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/08/2012 05:27 AM, Darren New wrote:
> http://blog.sanctum.geek.nz/vim-koans/

Wait, vi /= vim?

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 26 Aug 2012 07:14:57
Message: <503a0531$1@news.povray.org>
Le 26/08/2012 10:16, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
> On 26/08/2012 05:27 AM, Darren New wrote:
>> http://blog.sanctum.geek.nz/vim-koans/
>
> Wait, vi /= vim?

Correct, vi is not vim; as vim stand for vi improved.
(and vi is yet another acronym...)

Post a reply to this message

From: waggy
Date: 26 Aug 2012 10:50:00
Message: <web.503a36a5ba9b930d9726a3c10@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 26/08/2012 10:16, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
> >
> > Wait, vi /= vim?
>
> Correct, vi is not vim; as vim stand for vi improved.
> (and vi is yet another acronym...)

However, on many modern systems, the vi command will invoke vim.

Post a reply to this message