POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Preparedness (Message 21 to 30 of 142)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Preparedness
Date: 22 Aug 2012 13:47:34
Message: <50351b36$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:17:04 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> On 22/08/2012 05:35 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I may need to get some advice from you as the new "interview expert".
>> ;)
>
> Ask me /after/ I actually /get/ the job. :-/

It sounds promising - good luck!

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 22 Aug 2012 14:26:39
Message: <5035245f$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/08/2012 12:06 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 20/08/2012 03:44 PM, Invisible wrote:
>> /Clearly/ I don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of
>> getting this job.
>
> Holy hell... I think they might actually hire me! o_O

I hope so too. When will you find out?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 22 Aug 2012 15:45:35
Message: <503536df$1@news.povray.org>
>> Holy hell... I think they might actually hire me! o_O
>
> I hope so too. When will you find out?

That's a good question...

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 22 Aug 2012 16:16:20
Message: <50353e14$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/08/2012 8:45 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> Holy hell... I think they might actually hire me! o_O
>>
>> I hope so too. When will you find out?
>
> That's a good question...

It is good that you came away from the interview feeling positive. What
did they say that gave you the opinion that they might hire you?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 22 Aug 2012 17:19:24
Message: <50354cdc@news.povray.org>
On 22/08/2012 09:16 PM, Stephen wrote:
> It is good that you came away from the interview feeling positive. What
> did they say that gave you the opinion that they might hire you?

Well, they seemed convinced of my technical capabilities. If anything,
they seemed more worried that I'd get bored and leave in five minutes
flat. But seriously, everything they had a problem with, I gave them an
answer that appeared to satisfy them. They seemed pretty on-board with
what I'm saying.

Usually an interview leaves you feeling that you did absolutely
everything wrong. This is the only interview I've ever seen where it
seemed that it could hardly have gone much better. I mean, the interview
itself; the job could /always/ be better somehow.

It'll be interesting to see whether my assessment of the interview is in
any way correlated to reality, of course...

Post a reply to this message