POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of statistics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:32:05 EDT (-0400)
  Lots of statistics (Message 38 to 47 of 177)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: C#
Date: 14 Aug 2012 07:22:21
Message: <502a34ed$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.08.2012 10:32, schrieb Invisible:
> On 14/08/2012 02:01 AM, Darren New wrote:
>> It's an excellent OO language that expects to have runtime and OS
>> support around.
>
> ...and yet, they claim it can be used for embedded systems, which don't
> even /have/ an OS?

You'd be surprised how many embedded systems /do/ have an OS.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 14 Aug 2012 07:30:56
Message: <502a36f0@news.povray.org>
On 14/08/2012 12:13 PM, Warp wrote:
> Le_Forgeron<jgr### [at] freefr>  wrote:
>> Vista, 7, 8... who cares, XP runs!
>
> Not a good gaming platform anymore. (Microsoft wants XP to die, so they
> refuse to update DirectX for it.)

Valid point. But in a commercial setting, pretty irrelevant.

(Unless you happen to be a games developer, I suppose...)

Post a reply to this message

> > Not a good gaming platform anymore. (Microsoft wants XP to die, so they
> > refuse to update DirectX for it.)

> Valid point. But in a commercial setting, pretty irrelevant.

It will become relevant when Microsoft inevitably stops supporting XP.

It might not happen next month, or even next year, but the clock is
ticking.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message