POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dubstep Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:37 EDT (-0400)
  Dubstep (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Warp
Subject: Dubstep
Date: 28 Jul 2012 06:00:48
Message: <5013b850@news.povray.org>
It seems that dubstep has gained some kind of popularity in recent years.
However, I have hard time understanding what dubstep actually is.

It's some kind of electronic music, that's clear of course. But what makes
it distinctive from other forms of electronic music, and why has it gained
so much popularity?

Also its popularity seems to be (at least in some part) more like an
internet meme.

Post a reply to this message

> It seems that dubstep has gained some kind of popularity in recent years.
> However, I have hard time understanding what dubstep actually is.
>
> It's some kind of electronic music, that's clear of course. But what makes
> it distinctive from other forms of electronic music, and why has it gained
> so much popularity?
>
> Also its popularity seems to be (at least in some part) more like an
> internet meme.

I thought it was a kind of "dancing" style.

Post a reply to this message

>> It seems that dubstep has gained some kind of popularity in recent years.
>> However, I have hard time understanding what dubstep actually is.
>>
>> It's some kind of electronic music, that's clear of course. But what makes
>> it distinctive from other forms of electronic music, and why has it gained
>> so much popularity?
>>
>> Also its popularity seems to be (at least in some part) more like an
>> internet meme.
>
> I thought it was a kind of "dancing" style.

One tends to dance dubstep to music known as dubstep. It has to have a
particular rhythm, and convey particular emotions, for the two to go
together. Imagine dancing dubstep to Beethoven's sixth symphony.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"

Post a reply to this message