POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Telling a good story Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Telling a good story (Message 28 to 37 of 57)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Telling a good story
Date: 27 Jul 2012 02:53:59
Message: <50123b07@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> If you think the story doesn't /make sense/, you're clearly doing
> >> something very, very wrong.
> >
> > says the dude who wouldn't figure out the narrative arc from monkeys to space in
> > A Space Odissey... -_-

> 2001 starts nowhere, goes nowhere, and ends up nowhere. It's almost
> /literally/ a series of random shots with no connecting narrative at
> all. (Except the middle part on the space station. /That/ almost makes
> sense.)

Just because you refuse to understand the movie doesn't mean it's not
possible (or even easy) to understand.

(And the end sequence is not even supposed to be understood. It's just
random.)

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 27 Jul 2012 02:55:56
Message: <50123b7c@news.povray.org>
> Are you telling me you don't love Bambi?

What is love?

It's a human emotion.

No, it is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies.

Post a reply to this message