POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A puzzling exchange Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  A puzzling exchange (Message 43 to 52 of 52)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: A puzzling exchange
Date: 21 Jul 2012 12:31:24
Message: <500ad95c$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/13/2012 6:27 AM, Warp wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> No way. Microsoft owns everything. You might THINK it's a separate
>> company, but I promise you it isn't.
>
> Yeah, Microsoft also owns IBM, Oracle, Intel, Apple (*especially* Apple)
> and basically all computer software and hardware companies out there.

And their Biological Division is developing a virus that is engineered
to infect gullible people.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 21 Jul 2012 13:46:32
Message: <500aeaf8$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yeah, Microsoft also owns IBM, Oracle, Intel, Apple (*especially* Apple)
>> and basically all computer software and hardware companies out there.
>
> And their Biological Division is developing a virus that is engineered
> to infect gullible people.

Actually, apparently they took "gullible" out of the dictionary...

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Jul 2012 15:15:04
Message: <500affb8$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/21/2012 9:31 AM, John VanSickle wrote:
> On 7/13/2012 6:27 AM, Warp wrote:
>> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>>> No way. Microsoft owns everything. You might THINK it's a separate
>>> company, but I promise you it isn't.
>>
>> Yeah, Microsoft also owns IBM, Oracle, Intel, Apple (*especially* Apple)
>> and basically all computer software and hardware companies out there.
>
> And their Biological Division is developing a virus that is engineered
> to infect gullible people.
>
> Regards,
> John

Thought they already had that. Its called "religion".

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Jul 2012 15:33:00
Message: <500b03ec$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:30:08 -0500, John VanSickle wrote:

> On 7/14/2012 12:32 AM, Tim Cook wrote:
>> On 2012-07-13 21:51, nemesis wrote:
>>> what I really can't understand is what the heck is the ç doing in an
>>> english word...
>>
>> Façade isn't an English word. Nor are plaza, sushi, kangaroo, robot, or
>> loot.
>
> They are now.

I heard it said that English is a language that followed other languages
down a dark alley, mugged them, stole their bag and everything in their
pockets.

I suppose the same could be said of many languages, though.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Jul 2012 16:50:06
Message: <500b15fe$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/07/2012 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> I heard it said that English is a language that followed other languages
> down a dark alley, mugged them, stole their bag and everything in their
> pockets.

But left them feeling faintly relieved that they still had their trousers.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 11 Sep 2012 10:56:50
Message: <504f5132$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/07/2012 09:34 AM, Invisible wrote:
> So, I'm applying to work for Google.
>
> Oh, so you like Microsoft eh?
>
> What?
>
> Google is owned by Microsoft, isn't it?
>
> Um... NO.
>
> Well who owns Google then?
>
> Google owns Google. It's one of the biggest companies in the industry!
>
> So you haven't heard that Microsoft bought them then?
>
> Er, no. Microsoft does NOT own Google. They're sworn enemies!
>
> No way. Microsoft owns everything. You might THINK it's a separate
> company, but I promise you it isn't.
>
> WTH?

I had almost this exact same conversation with a different person today.
WTF makes people think Microsoft owns Google??

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 11 Sep 2012 11:25:00
Message: <web.504f56b2eedf81c1ebb90cbd0@news.povray.org>
> On 13/07/2012 09:34 AM, Invisible wrote:
> > So, I'm applying to work for Google.
> >
> > Oh, so you like Microsoft eh?
> >
> > What?
> >
> > Google is owned by Microsoft, isn't it?
> >
> > Um... NO.
> >
> > Well who owns Google then?
> >
> > Google owns Google. It's one of the biggest companies in the industry!
> >
> > So you haven't heard that Microsoft bought them then?
> >
> > Er, no. Microsoft does NOT own Google. They're sworn enemies!
> >
> > No way. Microsoft owns everything. You might THINK it's a separate
> > company, but I promise you it isn't.
> >
> > WTH?
>
> I had almost this exact same conversation with a different person today.
> WTF makes people think Microsoft owns Google??

the fact people are sheep and Jobs is their shepherd and that Microsoft owns
Apple who owns Google?

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 11 Sep 2012 11:34:33
Message: <504f5a09$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/11/2012 9:56 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> I had almost this exact same conversation with a different person today.
> WTF makes people think Microsoft owns Google??

Dunno ...given the fact that MS is directly competing with Google. (Bing)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 11 Sep 2012 11:43:05
Message: <504f5c09$1@news.povray.org>
>> I had almost this exact same conversation with a different person today.
>> WTF makes people think Microsoft owns Google??
>
> Dunno ...given the fact that MS is directly competing with Google. (Bing)

"Oh, you can google with Bing as well? That's neat, I hadn't heard of
that before."

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Date: 11 Sep 2012 12:09:24
Message: <504f6234$1@news.povray.org>

> On 9/11/2012 9:56 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>
>> I had almost this exact same conversation with a different person today.
>> WTF makes people think Microsoft owns Google??
>
> Dunno ...given the fact that MS is directly competing with Google. (Bing)

That's what they want you to think.

/Why, yes my tin-foil hat is secured firmly, why do you ask?