POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another Consequence of Military Service Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Another Consequence of Military Service (Message 20 to 29 of 39)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Another Consequence of Military Service
Date: 3 Jul 2012 19:50:01
Message: <web.4ff384537de83f2a85de7b680@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> That's also the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.
> Which simply  means Han (or Lando!) took a short cut since parsecs are
> units of distances, not time.

PARallax arcSEConds.  According to which planetary orbit?  (Or are all planetary
orbits the same diameter because they are all in the habitable zone of a 5800 K
main sequence star?)

Along the same geocentric theme, Worf once welcomed a Klingon crew to the 24th
century.  What would "24th century" mean to a Klingon?  Or does the universal
translator take care of that?

Post a reply to this message

"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> Along the same geocentric theme, Worf once welcomed a Klingon crew to the 24th
> century.  What would "24th century" mean to a Klingon?  Or does the universal
> translator take care of that?

A klingon who was raised by humans, on earth, and spent most of his life amongst
humans... a better question would be what would "24th century" mean to any
federation citizen, given that they use a different calendar :)

Post a reply to this message

> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> > Along the same geocentric theme, Worf once welcomed a Klingon crew to the 24th
> > century.  What would "24th century" mean to a Klingon?  Or does the universal
> > translator take care of that?
>
> A klingon who was raised by humans, on earth, and spent most of his life amongst
> humans... a better question would be what would "24th century" mean to any
> federation citizen, given that they use a different calendar :)

Yes, but he was speaking to Klingons who weren't even members of a San
Francisco-based federation.  Don't they have multicultural sensitivity training
at Starfleet?

Post a reply to this message