POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zombies and vampires Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Zombies and vampires (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Zombies and vampires
Date: 24 Jun 2012 20:20:01
Message: <web.4fe7ae3116bf2e6b8372724d0@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] KOSHERhotmailcom> wrote:
> On 6/22/2012 11:57 AM, Warp wrote:
> >    Notice how many movies and TV series are about zombies, and how many are
> > about vampires.
> >
> >    The notice how many video games are about zombies, and how many are about
> > vampires.
> >
> >    Why such a disparity?
>
> Video players are mostly boys (of all ages and both sexes) who want to
> shoot at something slow and stupid.  Zombies fill that role nicely.

BTW, zombies in games have been getting far less dull and more agile in recent
years... perhaps they are zombies on crack (lame pun intended)...

> Vampires are more suited for romance novels and films in which a monster
> that regards the human race as its lawful prey makes an exception for a
> girl who just happens to be a lot like the kind of girl who comprises
> the target audience.

oh, and BTW:  there's no love story whatsoever in the original Dracula.

I believe you were trying to draw a parallel between the current vampire for
teens of today and Bram Stoker's classic, but really:  the love story in Dracula

plot device in his "Bram Stoker's Dracula", which is nevertheless a very
interesting interpretation...